Installation issues on Surface Pro 2

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 30
Peter | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 28 2014 1:50 AM

Can anyone help me please. I have purchased the cross grade from Logos 5 to Logos 6 and installed ok on my Windows 7 desktop and Windows 8.1 laptop. My problems started with my Surface Pro 2. After completing the update, I started the install. After it started I get an error message " Installation of Microsoft .Net framework 4.5 did not succeed." The installation then stops and I am stuck with Logos 5. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this. 

Posts 28708
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 1:58 AM

What version of .NET do you have on Win 8.1?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 30
Peter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 2:13 AM

Thanks for such a speedy response. After checking my registry it would appear to be .NET 4.0

Posts 30
Peter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 2:24 AM

On looking further it appears that .NET 4.5 has been installed on the Surface Pro 2. I tried to install it but the dialogue box said that it was already installed.

Posts 30
Peter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 2:30 AM

So why then does the Logos 6 install trip up over .NET 4.5 if it is already installed?

Posts 28708
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 2:43 AM

I don't know but I ran into the problem myself. Bradley told me how to run bypassing that step but unfortunately I don't remember how - and can't find Bradley's answer.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 79
LogosEmployee
Jeff Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 6:32 AM

It installed OK on my surface pro 2.  Did you try rebooting before attempting a fresh install? Perhaps there's a system update that needs to finish installing. 

Posts 30
Peter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 4:03 PM

Thanks Jeff,

It seems that that was all I needed to do. A restart and all is well thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS