Mac Bible Reading Plans Feature

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 65
seaview | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 10 2010 11:28 AM

As a current PC user, I value and enjoy reading a chronological order of Biblical events on Logos 4.0.

Since Logos 1.0 has the equivalent of PC Logos 3.0 library content and features, the biggest thing my wife lacks on her Mac Logos is the yearly Bible reading plan. Since she is new to Logos 1.0, as many Mac users are, wouldn't it be wonderful to break into Logos 4.0 with a Bible reading plan?! It should have the same capability of PC Logos 4.0 to put in your own order of book-chapter reading plan.

From a marketing -sales viewpoint as well as a current customer satisfaction-convenience-appreciation viewpoint, putting the Reading Plan near the top of the Mac Logos 4.0 feature list as practically possible would be a major coups. Not to mention wooing those looking at or using competing Bible Study programs...

It would most likely get my wife into using Logos regularly which she doesn't now, since I got her into it, since I appreciate its power.

It seems to me that there are a lot of other possessors and would-be possessors of Mac Logos 4.0 who would jump into its use with a practical tool as the Reading Plan with its various formats and sequences.

I wonder what it takes to push this feature up into the current programming tasks rather than in the second category of  "to be programmed in the future"?

Perhaps a knowledgeable Logos person could discuss the practical challenges from their perspective in achieving this highly desirable and fetching tool to Mac Logos 4.0 Alpha-Beta.

Perhaps some more of you with similar desires could add your votes to this topic...

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2010 12:11 PM

Bill,

As a user of Logos, Reading Plan on Mac is high on my personal wish list as well. Several others on the forums have voiced similar wishes as yours as well. While the fully functionality of Reading Plans will take some time to implement, please know that we are currently working on getting a minimal subset of the Reading Plan implemented so that people can start down the path of using it to track Bible reading. We've actually given one of our Mac developers that task as his highest priority and as soon as we have something usable, it will be in a Alpha build.

Thanks,

Tom

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 10889
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2010 12:58 PM

Tom Philpot:
We've actually given one of our Mac developers that task as his highest priority and as soon as we have something usable, it will be in a Alpha build.

I like that Yes

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2010 4:28 PM

You guys are on the ball. Thanks Tom!

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS