Bible Reading Feature Fast Load

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 65
seaview | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 10 2010 12:08 PM

I have noticed that Logos 4 takes a while to fully load and when it does it takes up the most memory (now 143,416 kilobytes) on my Windows Task Manager of any application usually open even beating Firefox at around 140,000 kilobytes, with 9 open website windows.

How practically possible is it to allow the Bible Reading Plan function to be opened by itself for the frequent readings to speed up the transaction, take up less memory, and allow a second action to open the rest of Logos 4 when needed?

This is the current way many programs, and computers are going in accessing the Internet. It would be very helpful function for Logos Reading Plan.

Any comments from knowledgeable Logos programming staff management? Thanks, Bill

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2010 2:27 PM

billfrederick:
I have noticed that Logos 4 takes a while to fully load and when it does it takes up the most memory (now 143,416 kilobytes) on my Windows Task Manager of any application usually open even beating Firefox at around 140,000 kilobytes, with 9 open website windows.

Bill,

This is one of those instances where Your Mileage May Vary.  I'm running L4 at 198,660K and Firefox with 248,392K and 45 open tabs.  (That's nothing, you should see it when I hit 100 or 200 tabs!)

What you're experiencing is a result of Logos being a very hungry program.  It will use as many computing resources as you can give it (to a certain extent.)  The Design of the program is really to use computers less than two years old and into the future.  I suspect that you , like myself are using a system older than that.  Even if you're not, Logos remains a hungry program, and like all major power tools, it will ask for more power when it needs it.  You should see the lights in my garage dim when I kick on my table-saw.

billfrederick:
How practically possible is it to allow the Bible Reading Plan function to be opened by itself for the frequent readings to speed up the transaction, take up less memory, and allow a second action to open the rest of Logos 4 when needed?
That's not a bad idea, kind of a "reading only" mode.  I don't know how possible it is, but I'll join you in waiting here for a programmer response.  Big Smile

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2010 3:13 PM

like quick play on an HP computer.  Not a bad idea.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 178
Sir Maru | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2010 4:50 PM

You can already do that by clicking "Customize" on the lower left corner of the Home pane and unchecking "Show Homepage at Startup."  Then under "Tool" \ Program Settings click No for "Automatically Download Updates."  Set up a standard layout for your Bible Study and do all research from that layout.

It opens much faster and does everything else faster as well.  One only needs to see the Homepage at weekly intervals and do manual updates at the same time.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS