Visual Copy probably not worth it for serious use

Page 2 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 53 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 7:42 AM

Bob,

That is nice. Could someone perhaps work up a guide to how to use this? I tried to find the overview slides for Luke, with no success. I have to confess, unless I had your link for Habakkuk, I would have had absolutely no idea where to start finding Bible book background slides.

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 814
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 8:04 AM

We plan to make this easier, but for now:

1. Look up the Factbook entry for the book

2. Click the link to do a Media Search for that Topic

The folder icon in the middle tells you this is a set of images.

(The slides should show up directly in the Factbook once we solve another issue.)

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 8:21 AM

OK. Just FYI, that will not work for a Gospel. When you do a Factbook search on a gospel (whether searching for "Luke" or "Book of Luke") it returns the *person* not the *book* and the media is not present. You have to search in the Factbook for "Gospel of Luke" to get the right media link.

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 150
LogosEmployee
Todd White (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 8:33 AM

Another cool example content we deliver via Visual Copy is Greek and Hebrew alphabet charts.

Search for Hebrew and we have two alphabet charts. One with the letters and another that shows you suggested strokes for writing it.

Posts 6
Rick Tinsky | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 8:40 AM

How does Visual Copy handle longer scripture quotes?  Does it break them into separate slides OR does it just shrink the text? 

Posts 23214
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 10:14 AM

Rick Tinsky:

How does Visual Copy handle longer scripture quotes?  Does it break them into separate slides OR does it just shrink the text? 

Interesting question.

To try it out I selected John 1:9-14 and Visual Copy returned a lot of slides but most of them related to John 1:1 (&2)

Looks like a problem there.

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 10:19 AM

Fred Greco:
When you do a Factbook search on a gospel (whether searching for "Luke" or "Book of Luke") it returns the *person* not the *book* and the media is not present.

Hey Fred, try searching "Gospel of Luke."

RD3

Logos Marketing | ray.deck@logos.com

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 10:27 AM

Graham Criddle:
To try it out I selected John 1:9-14 and Visual Copy returned a lot of slides but most of them related to John 1:1 (&2)

In this case, Visual Copy is showing you the Verse of the Day art nearest the passage you selected. Scroll beyond those to the non-VOD media (like the red ESV slide) and when you click on it you'll get the text you selected.

On longer quotes, Visual Copy will shrink the text size to make it fit. Probably a better option would be to select smaller chunks and send the text to Visual Copy in batches.  

RD3

Posts 23214
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 10:30 AM

RayDeck3:

Fred Greco:
When you do a Factbook search on a gospel (whether searching for "Luke" or "Book of Luke") it returns the *person* not the *book* and the media is not present.

Hey Fred, try searching "Gospel of Luke."

Hi Ray

That will find the correct topic but - on checking - it looks as though the "Bible Backgrounds" media is not available for any of the Gospels.

Posts 23214
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 10:34 AM

RayDeck3:
In this case, Visual Copy is showing you the Verse of the Day art nearest the passage you selected. Scroll beyond those to the non-VOD media (like the red ESV slide) and when you click on it you'll get the text you selected.

Got it

Thanks Ray

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 10:41 AM

RayDeck3:
In this case, Visual Copy is showing you the Verse of the Day art nearest the passage you selected

That's a bug, surely? How is it useful to says "I don't have verse 13 in VotD, but here's a different verse instead"?

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 10:44 AM

Graham Criddle:
it looks as though the "Bible Backgrounds" media is not available for any of the Gospels.

Actually it is, but it took me a minute to find it. Try a media search for "Bible Backgrounds Luke."

I'm not sure why it's not linked up to the Bible Book Guides. It should be. I'll submit a case about that.

RD3

Posts 23214
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 10:49 AM

RayDeck3:
I'm not sure why it's not linked up to the Bible Book Guides. It should be

Sorry I should have been more specific that this was a Factbook linkage issue

RayDeck3:
I'll submit a case about that.

Thanks

Posts 3
James Glasscock | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 5:22 PM

I've got all of those backgrounds, but I'm thinking more along the lines of this ESV orange background like this one. When using the ESV and Visual copy, this is not an option for me. It's not a big deal, but it seems to be in all the publicity, yet unavailable.

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 9:54 AM

Graham Criddle:

RayDeck3:
I'm not sure why it's not linked up to the Bible Book Guides. It should be

Sorry I should have been more specific that this was a Factbook linkage issue

RayDeck3:
I'll submit a case about that.

Thanks

I'm not sure what the problem is here. Are you not seeing this?

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 10:15 AM

Dylan Rondeau:
Are you not seeing this?

Hey Dylan, yesterday we weren't. Maybe this was addressed in the service release that went yesterday afternoon?

Thanks for being on it so fast!

RD3

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 10:22 AM

James Glasscock:

When using the ESV and Visual copy, this is not an option for me.

Hey James, more media collections (and thus more options for visual copy) are added at higher base package levels. This particular slide is included in a collection available at Bronze and above.

RD3

Posts 3
James Glasscock | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 4:32 AM

Ok, thanks. That's what I was trying to figure out. 

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 3 2014 3:13 PM

Fred Greco:

You have to search in the Factbook for "Gospel of Luke" to get the right media link.

This has been fixed in 6.0b Beta 1.

Bible Book Guides will now appear when the Bible reference is entered. No longer requires specific ‘First Epistle to’ or ‘Gospel of’ to choose Biblical Book Guides.

Posts 1075
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 3 2014 3:20 PM

Does anyone else wish that visual copy included proper citations as an option? This is pretty essential in an academic setting...

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Page 2 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS