Mac Download Problems Metathread

Page 9 of 9 (169 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9
This post has 168 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 1752
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 12:16 PM

Paul bowman:

The only problem with that solution is my previous laptop's display (most likely graphics card) went out and I have no way to open programs on it...I will be pulling the hard drive to extract other files and data, would I be able to access Logos resources that way? Are they saved to a specific directory on the hard drive that I could access and simply upload onto my new hard drive?

Yes, the link I gave above has the location of the resources.

Posts 21
Paul bowman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 30 2014 7:16 PM

Integ:

Paul bowman:

The only problem with that solution is my previous laptop's display (most likely graphics card) went out and I have no way to open programs on it...I will be pulling the hard drive to extract other files and data, would I be able to access Logos resources that way? Are they saved to a specific directory on the hard drive that I could access and simply upload onto my new hard drive?

Yes, the link I gave above has the location of the resources.

Great! Thanks

Posts 21
Robert Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 30 2014 11:05 PM

I am still waiting patiently for some kind of answer.
My problem seems to be Logos oriented.

I have Logos 6.0 SR-1 6.0.0.3721 on Yosemite 10:1.1 and the massive updates still keep piling up. The current one is 3% of 2.12GB and has been running all day already.

There are no know issues with any other software and the problem continues with or without wifi.

Is there a real solution?

Posts 22730
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 30 2014 11:43 PM

Hi Robert

There is a potential solution (requires installing Logos 6.0a) described at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/96394.aspx.

Does this help at all?

Graham

Posts 28284
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 1 2014 4:25 AM

Graham Criddle:
Does this help at all?

Robert - 

You should follow Graham's link and try that method. Make sure to remember that you need Logos 6.0a or better!

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 1 2014 5:17 AM

Paul bowman:
The only problem with that solution is my previous laptop's display (most likely graphics card) went out and I have no way to open programs on it...I will be pulling the hard drive to extract other files and data, would I be able to access Logos resources that way?

Time Machine backup requires external storage, which can be used by Apple's Migration Assistant utility for restoration.  If laptop has Fireware or Thunderbolt, another option is using Target Disk Mode => http://support.apple.com/kb/PH19021 so old laptop becomes an external storage device, which does not need display.

Paul bowman:
Are they saved to a specific directory on the hard drive that I could access and simply upload onto my new hard drive?

Yes, wiki has => https://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_Multiple_Macs#Copy_Logos_Resources_to_Mac_OS_X with location followed by using scan command then restarting Logos so Indexer can discover, copy, and index resource files.  Caveat: copying resource files directly into new Resources folder does not add them to Logos database tables so essentially are unusable.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 417
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 3 2014 6:21 AM

Is Logos having a server problem today? I ask because, although my download problems seemed to be fixed, I'm back to the download loop today as my MacBook tries to download a 164 mb update. Also, there is an error message saying that "send to Kindle" does not work. I'm on 6.0a, and I've done the recommended command in Terminal. All was well until this time. 

Update: I tried later in the day. The update went through the download loop a couple of times before downloading in its entirety. Then some resource updates followed, all downloading smoothly on the first attempt. And, Send to Kindle works again.  

Posts 32
EnochBethany | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 2 2015 9:27 AM

OVERHEAT?  My MacBooks tend to get hot when sitting on a flat table.  It helps to let air pass under them.   For example, raise the MacBook with some Lego bricks.   Otherwise, if heat is your problem on a long download, why don't you blow a fan on your MacBook? One of my bankbooks I have raised up several inches with supports front & back allowing air underneath.  But I am having glacial slow download of Logos in my new Yosemite iMac.  No heat problem & I use ethernet.

Posts 21
Robert Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 2 2015 12:26 PM

All devices will get hot but if this sis a concern why not buy one of the laptop risers with a fan built into it? They are driven from the laptop by a usb cable. I did that for my macbook pro to adjust the viewing angle and it helped cooling.
As for my new Imac, it never seems to heat up. Terrific machines. I've finally got rid of windows and it was the best move I made (but still run windows 8 on the iMac for a few remaining apps).

Ther is the best of both worlds. 2 PC's in the one box.

Page 9 of 9 (169 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 | RSS