Why Collectors Edition is not a Rip-Off!

Page 3 of 5 (90 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 89 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 8:24 PM

Alan Charles Gielczyk:

Am I understanding this right? The people who bought CE on Monday and thought they were getting Princeton ARE actually getting it but I, who bought it Tuesday, am not?

Nope. We won't actually be getting the resource. Contact customer service, and they will make it right for you as well.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 7:11 AM

abondservant:
The rest of that was a little harsh friend. Everyone is allowed bad days, and space to vent.

Kind of like your response to MAB in General eh? I bit my tongue on that one but if you're going to play the hypocrite you need to be called on it.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 9961
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 7:27 AM

Friends, please!

I know I don't have the words and the "all of it" of Milford, but please try to keep peace here on the forums.

The thing that gave rise to this thread was mostly a technical error, which some interpreted in an unfortunate manner but which I think has been mostly fixed by now. Everybody should consider their own words and maybe give a helpful hint to others (private Faithlife Messages are probably often better than open formum posts for that), but there's no need to track transgressions of others. And - since Milford is no longer here, who might have been the exception to the rule - I think we all have been in situations where we wished a more peaceful tone from others, but couldn't live up to our wishes on that same day.

Did you see that glorious sunrise over Bellingham in the Launch Day post? Awesome, really awesome. We have a glorious father, giving us so much. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 10106
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 7:43 AM

I think the cowboy needs to get a few pointers before getting a card on rodeo day.

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 8:00 AM

Granted. But I certainly hope he consults someone other than the rodeo clown. Stick out tongue

Posts 110
Tanner Thetford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 8:12 AM

I've "reached out" several times about this issue. I don't think I am being unreasonable nor am I asking for free resources. It is the fact that I have been roundly ignored that I am frustrated with. I would much prefer direct contact from someone that said we're sorry and we're not going to give you any of these resources than being completely stonewalled.

I will be happily e-mailing with an employee one minute and when I ask for an update on this issue, they disappear. I gave up today and bought Josephus.

I am just surprised at how I have been treated given the over the top fabulous customer service that I have received every other time I have interacted with Logos employees.

Posts 350
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 8:35 AM

I'm sorry we haven't gotten back to you, Tanner. We didn't forget about you, but as you can imagine, Customer Service is a bit overwelmed this week. Smile

I'm going to call you directly within the hour. 

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 8:43 AM

Gabe Martini:

mike:

Logos is known notoriously in doing this (putting and removing resources after sale).

I just joined Logos 1.5 years, I can remember Logos do this few times.

Logos needs to man up, and honor those resources they've removed from the original package.

I myself bought the Collector at the first hour & still having regrets why Logos still do this..

Have you reached out to Phil or Ray yet? I know both offered to help you get any potential discrepancies sorted out. We're here to help if you have an issue.

Gabe,

Gabe are you suggesting that we have to "reach out" for Logos to make this right? The Collectors Edition was a huge upgrade. My bad of not making a screen shot of "What's New to You" at the time of my order. Moreover, am I required to call up and convince someone that my purchase of the Collectors Edition depended on this or that resource? To be honest, because the Collectors Edition was such a great deal it feels a little disingenuous of me to call and belly ache, on the other hand, it doesn't feel right I did not receive the content that was advertised at the time of my order Monday. If some people get the "removed resources" for calling or emailing, am I a good steward for not making any effort to set things straight? In other words, I have to chose being a greedy money grabber on one hand or a lazy bad steward on the other. Please just look up the time of order and come up with a solution that is the same for everyone, whether we "reach out" or not.

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 8:43 AM

NB.Mick:

Friends, please!

I know I don't have the words and the "all of it" of Milford, but please try to keep peace here on the forums.

The thing that gave rise to this thread was mostly a technical error, which some interpreted in an unfortunate manner but which I think has been mostly fixed by now. Everybody should consider their own words and maybe give a helpful hint to others (private Faithlife Messages are probably often better than open formum posts for that), but there's no need to track transgressions of others. And - since Milford is no longer here, who might have been the exception to the rule - I think we all have been in situations where we wished a more peaceful tone from others, but couldn't live up to our wishes on that same day.

Did you see that glorious sunrise over Bellingham in the Launch Day post? Awesome, really awesome. We have a glorious father, giving us so much. 

Agreed - I know I'm not perfect, I hope I didn't come across as thinking so.

I don't recall the post where I was rude to mab, but I will look and if I owe him an apology I will gladly send it.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 8:55 AM

Paul C:
Then you should be able to overlook my harsh venting on one of my bad days.Big Smile

Vent, brother, vent. Coffee

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1048
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 9:20 AM

Tanner Thetford:

I gave up today and bought Josephus.

Which product?

Posts 188
Si | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 9:44 AM

Keith Larson:
Please just look up the time of order and come up with a solution that is the same for everyone, whether we "reach out" or not.

This seems reasonable, especially since I am sure some purchased packages and have not caught the mistake. I think this should also be done for purchases of base packages where dynamic pricing was off earlier in the week. For example, see https://community.logos.com/forums/t/92995.aspx. I made an early purchase of Reformed Portfolio, but am not 100% sure I got the full dynamic pricing. When a package contains hundreds of books, it is difficult to make sure that everything is delivered as listed for the correct dynamic price. Logos, please make an across the board solution for these problems. 

Posts 350
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 9:47 AM

Hello, all. As Gabe  mentioned in a previous post, this was an issue with the way titles and resources counts for Collector's were displayed on the site, which has since been resolved. I want to ephasize that this was only ever a display problem; pricing and the actual resources unlocked at time of purchase were not affected. If you bought a Logos 6 base package, at any point this week, you got the correct price and resources.

For anyone with missing resources, please treat this as a download problem, follow the normal troubleshooting steps here: 
https://www.logos.com/support/logos5/missing-resources

Note for Yosemite users: 

Many users (not just Logos users) have complained of download issues in OSX 10.10.0. If you find that the Logos download stalls after a certain percent, please try Solution 1 from this third-party site: http://osxdaily.com/2014/10/25/fix-wi-fi-problems-os-x-yosemite/

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 10:10 AM

William Gabriel:

Tanner Thetford:

Which product?

The Flavius Josephus Collection  (5 volumes) published by Brill.  $469.95

This resource is included in the Master Bundle XL. My dynamic price on the Master Bundle XL was only a couple hundred more than the Flavius Josephus Collection  alone. That is after the 15% discount.

Posts 1048
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 10:22 AM

Super.Tramp:

William Gabriel:

Tanner Thetford:

Which product?

The Flavius Josephus Collection  (5 volumes) published by Brill.  $469.95

This resource is included in the Master Bundle XL. My dynamic price on the Master Bundle XL was only a couple hundred more than the Flavius Josephus Collection  alone. That is after the 15% discount.

Thanks -- I wanted to have Tanner double check, because it's also in the Ancient Texts Bundle too, and that ends up being a lower total price (Ancient Texts XL is $330 full price, and Josephus is $470 full price):

Posts 110
Tanner Thetford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 10:31 AM

Thanks, guys. I had indeed gone for the text and translations XL bundle. :)

Also, I'd like to say that Adam followed up with me as promised, in addition to another Logos employee that I had contacted earlier in the week. I am no longer being "ignored" and have appreciated the follow-up. Thank you, guys.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 10:37 AM

William Gabriel:
Thanks -- I wanted to have Tanner double check, because it's also in the Ancient Texts Bundle too, and that ends up being a lower total price (Ancient Texts XL is $330 full price, and Josephus is $470 full price):

It was in the Collectors Edition before they pulled it. 

Buying it in a bundle is a lot better.

Posts 1690
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 11:06 AM

Apparently we had some data errors in the first versions of the comparison chart that went online. Then, in the chaos of launch and server overload we made various changes to how we presented the chart, putting up a static version temporarily in order to reduce database load, then restoring the dynamic, database-driven version, etc.

The PTR and other 'disappearing' products were never in these collections, but appeared as if they were due to clerical errors in moving the data from spreadsheets to web pages. (We have huge sheets in which we worked up and experimented with collection arrangements; these sheets have titles in them that were considered for collections but removed, etc. Many left-overs,ideas, proposals, etc. are in the sheet, but should not have been transferred to the marketing materials. But with thousands of titles, mistakes can be made.)

I'm sorry for the slow response on this -- it's been a scramble here most of the week, and since our own teams were mostly using the same web pages as reference, it was a bit confusing.

We always want to do the right thing, and we'll be honoring the configuration posted when you purchased. If you bought a collection during the time the comparison chart said it included these titles, we'll unlock the titles for you. If you bought after we corrected the charts, but based on your earlier viewing of them, let us know and we'll make it right.

Kent should be posting details soon and/or following up directly with the purchasers from the period when the chart included the extra books.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and confusion. We always want to do the right thing and provide excellent service, and if we've somehow failed to do that for you, please let us know. 

-- Bob

P.S. I did see some comments in this thread to the effect that 'Faithlife changes collections all the time.' Just to be clear, we only add or remove titles during the life-cycle of a collection in response to publisher requests, expiring contracts, etc. And those changes are rare, done carefully, and are reflected in the collection descriptions. We try very hard to make sure that the collection you purchase is the one described on the site. But if for some reason that's out of sync, or your purchase was based on last week's description and you didn't notice the change at purchase, let us know and we'll work it out.

Posts 2277
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 11:21 AM

Bob Pritchett:
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and confusion. We always want to do the right thing and provide excellent service, and if we've somehow failed to do that for you, please let us know. 

Thank you, Bob, for taking the time to respond and for listening. The solution you propose seems more than fair (indeed, it is very generous). I, for one, am very grateful.

I also wanted to thank you for an outstanding product that will, I am sure, prove a blessing to many.

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 11:23 AM

Here are the details:

If you bought a base package on Monday, you will soon be getting the resource unlocked for you which were displaying on the chart as of Monday morning.

The errors were displaying only for a few people (possibly as few as 1/27th of all the people who saw the chart), and only for a few hours early Monday morning, so we don't know who saw what or when they saw it. And we obviously can't tell for whom these specific contents were the reasons they bought the package.

So we've decided to unlock the contents for the respective charts as they were displayed on Monday for anyone who purchased on Monday:

• If you got Portfolio Monday, you'll get the contents listed on the chart for Portfolio as it was displayed on Monday.
  • If you got Collector's Edition Monday, you'll get the contents listed on the chart for Collector's Edition as they were displayed on Monday.

(And for the content that wasn't displaying on the chart on Monday that's there now—we'll let you keep it! Big Smile )

The Princeton Theological Review does not exist, so we can't unlock it for you. Instead, we'll be issuing $50 in credit to those who got the affected packages. We've already done this for a handful of users for whom this was the reason they got Portfolio or Collector's. Now we've decided to issue this credit to everyone, regardless of whether this was a factor in the purchase decision.

Sorry for the miscommunication on this.

Page 3 of 5 (90 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS