Visual Copy and Chinese Belly Buttons

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2054
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 31 2014 12:45 AM

I really like Visual Copy.   Here are some areas of improvement.  

1.  The Chinese font places punctuation at waist level so that periods look like belly buttons instead of resting down at ground level like a good period should.  Of course it shows up that way in my CUV Bible, so why not?  Except it looks like....a Chinese belly button.  

2.  Arabic looks fine (sort of), thanks!  

Note: Would be nice to be able to be rid of Isaiah in the top right corner when I don't want him there.  

3.  But look at Nepali?  I am not making this up.  Ewwww.

Posts 26458
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 12:58 AM

I hope other devanagari derived scripts fare better

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 6:19 AM

Gao Lu:

2.  Arabic looks fine (sort of), thanks!  

It doesn't look so good to me:

• Most diacritics (vowel marks) are at the wrong places or heights with respect to the letters.
  • The paragraph alignment needs to be from right to left rather than left to right

Gao, I'm curious about the Arabic bible you've taken this from. The only Arabic bible in Logos that I know of is the Van Dyke version and it has no diacritics.

Posts 2054
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 6:51 AM

Smith and VanDyck I believe. Logos doesn't sell it.  

None of them look great.  Presently I don't think there is a cure for right to left paragraph alignment.  Maybe adding empty spaces?  I'll try that.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS