SUGGESTION: "Current Panel Background" Setting

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Anonymous | | Posted: Mon, Jan 11 2010 10:54 AM

I've played with the "Resource Panel Background" setting, but really don't see the need (for my self) of flagging resource panels with a different background color from non-resource panels.  What I really want is the CURRENT panel to be visibly different from others.  All too often I press page up/down and see nothing happen only to realize some panel besides the one I'm reading is now several screens away from where I wanted it.  Since you obviously already have the logic in place to color the background of a panel, could you please please please add a "Current Panel Background" setting?

Thx,

Jeff

My name is Adam. I work at Faithlife with the software teams responsible for the Logos desktop and web apps.

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 3751
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 10:57 AM

JeffreyGlenJackson:
What I really want is the CURRENT panel to be visibly different from others.

Yes +1

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 11:28 AM

I think even some simple shading of the active window could help. For example, just making the active window tab darker than the others. I did a quick mockup in GIMP (quick & dirty) just to illustrate. Even though it's simple, it's a lot easier to find the active panel.

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 11:40 AM

I like this idea very much or something like it!

Posts 2855
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 11:51 AM
I like the present setup so pardon me for not understanding your request. Is this an optional extra you are asking for? What is wrong with the present set up?

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Anonymous | | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 8:17 PM

Ted Hans:
I like the present setup so pardon me for not understanding your request. Is this an optional extra you are asking for? What is wrong with the present set up?

Ted

Ted, the problem is that I cannot tell which panel is the one that has focus. Thus I often get confused when I use keyboard shortcuts or pen flicks to navigate through a document.

My name is Adam. I work at Faithlife with the software teams responsible for the Logos desktop and web apps.

Posts 18
Aaron Boydston | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 5:36 AM

I completely agree.  More emphasis on the current window with focus! :)

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 5:50 AM

Aaron Boydston:

Or even....

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 2855
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 6:49 AM

JeffreyGlenJackson:
Ted, the problem is that I cannot tell which panel is the one that has focus. Thus I often get confused when I use keyboard shortcuts or pen flicks to navigate through a document.

Thanks for your response & clarification.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 7:13 AM

Robert Pavich:

Aaron Boydston:

Or even....

Smile 

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 9:29 AM

Sorry for leaving my backgrounds colored here. But darkening the active tab in the active window might be enough without being too extreme.

This hopefully would even apply to all windows such as Help, Highlighting, & Favorites (as shown below).

I have noticed that the background colors don't apply to the Help, Highlighting, & Favorites.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Anonymous | | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 11:04 AM

I'm liking the various suggestions to a degree, but I kinda think I still kinda like the idea of using color on the whole background.  Steve's mock up convinces me of this as I look at his first one there and the panel in the upper right corner just screems to me "I have focus!!!!!!!" (If only the one on the left side would have been greyed too) better than any of the other suggestions.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS