Sharpness of text display

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 31 2014 1:43 PM

I've noticed a sudden improvement in the sharpness of text display in Logos 6 today. I don't think it was like that when I first installed Logos 6; it seemed to change today.

Since the start of Logos 5, text has always been a bit blurred or ragged. This was attributed to the maximum screen resolution on my Windows 7 Ultrabook being only 1366 x 766; apparently one of the components of Logos used for text display performed better with a higher resolution.

Today I installed both Logos 6 SR-2 and Air Display. I am not sure which has made the change. Air Display gives me a retina-resolution extended desktop on my iPad (unfortunately Logos crashes if I try to move it to the extended desktop: others have had the same problem). The resolution on my main screen remains the same, but installing Air Display could have convinced Logos that there was a higher resolution screen available.

Equally, something in Logos may have changed.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Posts 9095
LogosEmployee

I'm not aware of any text rendering changes in Logos 6 on Windows (though possibly I'm forgetting something).

Is it possible you changed your ClearType settings on Windows (see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/make-text-easier-read-cleartype#1TC=windows-7) as part of installing Air Display?

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 3:09 PM

Bradley, thanks for taking the time to reply.

ClearType has always been on, and I haven't consciously made any changes to it. If there were any display changes in 6.0, I would have expected to see them when I first installed it.

I guess it is something to do with Air Display.

Sadly, it has now gone back to how it was before (after accessing from Splashtop on iPad).

For when you have time to think about Logos 7: I'd love to have way of accessing the full Logos experience on my iPad at the resolution and clarity of the retina screen. Remote access to my computer is one way; but, as my PC screen resolution is too low and my SSD is nearly full, a server-based option, running at whatever resolution the client (e.g. iPad) is running would be my ideal.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS