How do you add books to the Logos 4 library?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Chris Aiken | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 11 2010 1:04 PM

I recently purchased a book that was not downloadable, so when the DVD arrived, I tried to run from the setup prompt. There doesn't seem to ba an add location in this new engine.

Thoughts?

PC, Logos 4 Silver- Adding Grudem's Systematic Theology.

Posts 35553
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 1:10 PM

Check the forums and wiki for instructions - load into L3, sync licenses, restart L4 and it will automatically download; alternative if L3 is not loaded, call customer support with you key number from Grudem's

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 1:12 PM

Chris:

You probably do not have Logos 3 installed which this DVD/CD expects, so you have two options.

1. Run setup from the CD/DVD and install Logos 3. You can then type in the license number for Grudem and synchronize your license online. Do't take the option to load the resource on your computer. Close Logos 3. (You can uninstall it if you want.)  Start Logos 4 and give it some time to discover that you have this new license. It will then download the file and put it on your hard drive in the right location.

2. Call customer service and have them activate this resource for you. Once that is done, open Logos 4 and wait for it to discover you have the new license and download the file.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2
Chris Aiken | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 3:31 PM

Mark,

Thanks for the help. Your instructions are dead on but my system was giving a fit. Ultimately it was a customer service issue to get it resolved. I was advised that in the future, I would have to continue to go through Customer Service to have them load the license number and then sync...unless I chose to leave vers 3 on my computer.

If I could make a suggestion...it would be for an update to L4 to allow a person to register a license number without all of this. Seems like an easy fix...but I am just a pastor, so what do I know.

Anyway, I now have a resource and I don't have to retype all of my quotes.

BTW...I really like what I see in Lv thus far.

Posts 25
Paul Schack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 3:35 PM

This is probably low on the priority list.  But how long will we need to add resources through Logos 3 before we can go directly to Logos 4?  I know a lot of the resources are setup for Logos 3 and it will probably take some time for such a large shift.

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 4:15 PM

Chris Aiken:
If I could make a suggestion...it would be for an update to L4 to allow a person to register a license number without all of this.

It would save Logos customer service calls and is the intuitive way to install new resources. I have no idea why this hasn't been implemented yet. With all the fancy stuff on Logos 4 it would seem to be very simple to do this.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 4:15 PM

Chris Aiken:
If I could make a suggestion...it would be for an update to L4 to allow a person to register a license number without all of this.

It would save Logos customer service calls and is the intuitive way to install new resources. I have no idea why this hasn't been implemented yet. With all the fancy stuff on Logos 4 it would seem to be very simple to do this.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 4:18 PM

Mark A. Smith:

Chris Aiken:

Mark, it looks like you posted that twice. The Forum is sometimes slow to show posts after you've clicked the Post button, but they do go through. Wait about a minute and refresh your browser and you'll see. No need to post  them again. Or are you trying to get into the 666 club faster? Wink (Perhaps this was a Forum bug that caused your post to get entered twice, which I would believe -- this forum software is very flaky -- in which case, please disregard.)

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 4:25 PM

Rosie Perera:
Mark, it looks like you posted that twice.

I'm as surprised as anyone to see it posted twice. twice. twice.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 85
Hugh DeLong | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 11:36 AM

So - the last post was Jan 2010 -- here it is almost December 2010 and the problem persists.  I am sure I am not the only one that has upgraded computers and not installed vs. 3 -- and am still acquiring books that thus need to be put into vs. 4.   Sad that this is such a low priority on the list.

Posts 2004
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 11:48 AM

Mark A. Smith:

Folks,

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post this, but no one at Logos explicitly told me not to.

I recently purchased a media-only resource (Theological Journals 1-10). When I asked how I could download it, they said to call customer support with the serial number of the disc once it arrived in the mail. I asked them if they did the order fulfillment for this disc, and they do. So I said wouldn't they be able to look at the serial number before they ship it and make it downloadable based on that? They said that they are allowed to do that, but the customer has to explicitly ask for it. So I asked for it. :) By the time I got off the phone with the sales rep, he had an email from their shipping department with the serial number. So I got the download at the same time as the other download-only resources in my order. Woohoo!

So I'd recommend that if you're going to order a media-only resource, do it by calling the sales department, verify that Logos fulfills the shipment, and have their shipping department send your sales rep the serial number before they package it.

Hope this helps (and hasn't previously been posted ;),

Donnie

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS