Sidelined

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 139
Noel Fitzpatrick | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 1 2014 10:12 AM

Looking at the Forums here I do not see Verbum.

I am a bit disappointed,as one of the features I particularly appreciated was having all those interested in the Bible in one place, now  it seems to me  various groups are shunted off to their own specific places.

I am perturbed to see that  if one is a Catholic one can find Augustine's arguments for purgatory, and if one is a non-Catholic one can find his arguments against purgatory.  I would prefer to see his views on purgatory in an unbiased form. 

Also I am confused with so much information. How can I focus more clearly on Logos?  

Posts 29346
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 1:40 PM

Noel Fitzpatrick:
Also I am confused with so much information.

I am confused by your post? Try again?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 32110
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 1:47 PM

Verbum does not have its own forum for unknown reasons. However, the only time it matters is that suggestions for new products go into general suggestions. We do, however, have our own blog and store. In either Logos or Verbum you are able to get Augustine himself which should be an unbiased view.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5256
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 2:00 PM

M J

MJ. Smith:
However, the only time it matters

In my opinion it matters all the time. I don't want my brother and sister in other denominations out of sight (and hence out of mind) I want to know what concerns them (I may not sympathise with the concern).

How can we grow together if we keep building walls to keep us apart?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 32110
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 3:59 PM

Mike, you are right, of course. I was just thinking in terms of asking questions or making suggestions on the forums.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 4:20 PM

Noel Fitzpatrick:
I am perturbed to see that  if one is a Catholic one can find Augustine's arguments for purgatory, and if one is a non-Catholic one can find his arguments against purgatory.  I would prefer to see his views on purgatory in an unbiased form. 

I guess  someone should censor Augustine. Devil

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS