Logos 6 Package is confusing me.

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 13
Lin Ma | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 3 2014 5:49 AM

Hi,

I am really confused with these Logos 6 packages. I have Logos 5 and just want to updating to 6. Where can I find the download link? Someone please help. Thanks.

Posts 4134
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 5:50 AM

The free engine upgrade to L6 is coming in February :). 

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 3295
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 5:52 AM

Also note that just updating the software does not get you any of the new datasets, just basic features like inline search.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 13
Lin Ma | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 5:56 AM

A Ha, that is the reason. Thanks. 

Posts 13
Lin Ma | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 5:56 AM

A Ha, That is the reason. Thanks. God Bless You! 

Posts 3295
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 6:00 AM

Lin Ma:

A Ha, That is the reason. Thanks. God Bless You! 

Welcome to the forums by the way!

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 9070
LogosEmployee

David Taylor Jr:

Also note that just updating the software does not get you any of the new datasets, just basic features like inline search.

Inline Search is not in the free engine; it requires a crossgrade/upgrade purchase.

Posts 8
Donald McKinnon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 9:22 PM

Yea, I did the crossgrade for the recent purchase of Logos 5, and felt a bit ripped off that after less than a month of Logos 5, they couldn't include the $35 dollars they want me to spend for the new books.

Posts 10819
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 3:35 AM

From the Logos 6 FAQ Logos 6 FAQ

I recently bought Logos 5. Can you do anything special for me?

Absolutely. If you bought within 180 days of launch, we have special offers available for you. You should receive an email with instructions. Call our sales team at 888-875-9491 to learn about your options.

Posts 8
Donald McKinnon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 6:14 AM

I did get the email, and the gave me the free upgrade. Then last night while checking out the free book of the month, my wife noticed that the Logos 6 starter for the Baptist base was $35 to buy. On further review, they didn't include everything from what the page says I'm missing

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 6:49 AM

Donald  I really suggest you call customer service.  

They are authorized to make it right. At best we can only answer technical questions.  I think you're on to customer service territory now.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 8
Donald McKinnon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 7:30 AM

Thanks, plan to.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 7:59 AM

Donald McKinnon:
I did get the email, and the gave me the free upgrade. Then last night while checking out the free book of the month, my wife noticed that the Logos 6 starter for the Baptist base was $35 to buy. On further review, they didn't include everything from what the page says I'm missing

From what I understand, this is what the e-mail says:

NOTE: datasets and media, not books! I think you got exactly what they promised. Demanding free books as well doesn't seem the least bit reasonable. You already got all the books that you paid for. You've gotten considerably more than you bargained for, and considerably more than the rest of us got when buying L5, so I don't understand the justification for feeling ripped off. I would think you should be grateful instead.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 8:13 AM

Donald McKinnon:

Donald,

A lot of users are confused by Logos Upgrades. Here is how it works: When you purchased the L5 Baptist Starter BP you will NEVER have to purchase the Data Sets and resources found in that package again. In addition, about 3 months after a new release Logos uploads the L6 software engine so ANYONE can download and install the software engine for free. What you are actually paying for in the upgrade are NEW data sets and resources. So you were not being "ripped off" just because you purchased L5 a few weeks ago. Many of the books that were in the L5 BP are not in the L6 BP. Logos was being very generous to you to give you a partial upgrade to the L6 Baptist Starter for free. If those new books are of interest to you, then pay the $35. I am sure they are discounted at a very good percentage. You are not interested in these books, don't spend the money.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 8:21 AM

I bought a Logos 5 package just days (less than a week, actually) before Logos 6 launched. I was offered a free direct upgrade but chose to pay the very minimal fee to get the extras (whatever wouldn't have been part of my Logos 5 package). I felt both the offer of the free upgrade and the small cost to get the extras was quite decent of Logos; I wasn't expecting it and didn't feel they were obligated to do so.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 8:30 AM

Yasmin Stephen:

... was quite decent of Logos; I wasn't expecting it and didn't feel they were obligated to do so.

Yes

I've had similar experiences with Logos.  They live the golden rule. 

Posts 8
Donald McKinnon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 9:20 AM

Yea, I understand. I will get the upgraded books when money allows. I was surprised that I wasn't prompted that a new version was coming out and I may have wanted to wait, or purchase the new version and get it on release day. Either way, I'm on a tight budget, and will use what I have for now and I hope the cost is still that cheap. Either way, I love the software and have used it the last two weeks for my Bible Study group prep.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 9:43 AM

Donald McKinnon:
I was surprised that I wasn't prompted that a new version was coming out

They never reveal new versions until the moment they are for sale.

Donald McKinnon:
I may have wanted to wait, or purchase the new version and get it on release day.

The e-mail gave you the equivalent to that option: "Return your Logos 5 package and purchase a Logos 6 package". You'll get the new books, but you'll also lose any books that aren't in the L6 package.

Paying will give you all books from both packages.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1
Richard Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 9:48 AM

I guess I am confused, too. I am a Mac and Verbum user with the Logos 5 engine. What might the cost be if I want to upgrade only the engine with all search features and resources, yet without purchasing a new library? 

Posts 24655
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 9:55 AM

Hi Richard - and welcome to the forums

Richard Jones:
What might the cost be if I want to upgrade only the engine with all search features and resources, yet without purchasing a new library? 

I'm assuming that by "search features and resources" you mean all the new features and supporting datasets in Logos 6 and not new books etc.

For that you need one of the crossgrade options. To see what they each (there are three options) provide and their cost to you see https://www.logos.com/compare/Logos%20Crossgrade 

Graham

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS