Logos 6 Package is confusing me.

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 10:02 AM

Richard Jones:
What might the cost be if I want to upgrade only the engine with all search features and resources, yet without purchasing a new library? 

Welcome to the forums.

The engine is free, if you wait until February. Your resources are yours. If you want the new datasets and such, look at one of the crossgrades.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 10:16 AM

Donald McKinnon:

Yea, I understand. I will get the upgraded books when money allows. I was surprised that I wasn't prompted that a new version was coming out and I may have wanted to wait, or purchase the new version and get it on release day. Either way, I'm on a tight budget, and will use what I have for now and I hope the cost is still that cheap. Either way, I love the software and have used it the last two weeks for my Bible Study group prep.

According to my sales rep Dave Kaplan, sales was left totally in the dark. Apparently the sales team has been responsible for leaks in the past, for the very reason you state and it is just saver to not tell them anything. This is why sales reps were not very informed last week, they were learning on the fly like the rest of us! In fact, they were so busy taking calls, we were probably better informed because we had time to hang out here on the forums.

Posts 15
Shane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 1:08 PM
Hey Donald. I was in the same situation and I was helped by the users on the Logos forum recently. Basically you have the following options. 1. Swap L5 Baptist Starter for L6 Baptist Starter for FREE! (I think this is available when you are less than 30 days after the purchase) 2. Upgrade to L6 Baptist Starter for $35. In my case, I bought L5 Reformed Gold then after a week L6 launched. I swapped L5 for L6 without extra payment! Then I found that my favorite books from L5 are missing in L6 package. So I have reversed what I did and then upgraded from L5 on the same package. And they even gave me $250 discounts on the upgrade. Although I had to fork out extra $270 for 'not planned upgrade' but I am happy with current library as I have all the books from L5 & L6 base package. I recommend that you take it for upgrade. It is worth the money. :-)
Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS