reading plan display error

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 20
Richard Taillefer | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 11 2010 7:45 PM

After a recent update, my reading plan no longer displays correctly.

Any suggestions would be helpful...I have checked for further updates, checked for windows updates, added the languages to Regional and Language Options in Windows, but it still looks like the picture attached.

Rick

Posts 10547
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 3:27 AM

Richard Taillefer:
After a recent update, my reading plan no longer displays correctly

Your picture did not stick. What format did you use. I use jpeg, and that works.

Posts 20
Richard Taillefer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 10:36 AM

I could not get a picture to stick, so I uploaded it in a word document attached.

Posts 10547
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 4:30 AM

Richard Taillefer:

I could not get a picture to stick, so I uploaded it in a word document attached.

Oops, I overlooked the .doc file at the top of your post. Have you changed the default font in Program Settings? That looks like the rendering from a font that does not have all the characters. If it only happens from the Reading Plan, that is probably not the problem though.

Posts 20
Richard Taillefer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 8:11 AM

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried restoring default settings, but that did not change how the reading plan displays.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 10:46 AM

Richard Taillefer:

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried restoring default settings, but that did not change how the reading plan displays.

Hi Richard,

So before updating Logos recently the Stop Reading | Mark Read line was visible in the text? Is the current version 4.0a SR-3?  (Click on the Help icon and choose About Logos Bible Software to find version.)  Did you install any other software or updates around the same time as the Logos update?

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 10547
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 11:28 AM

Melissa Snyder:
So before updating Logos recently the Stop Reading | Mark Read line was visible in the text? 

Melissa

I lost these lines in two resources a day or two before SR-3. They were "Vanishing Conscience" and "The Gospel According to Jesus", both by John MacArthur. They had been present for more than a week, but disappeared. The lines are still visible in Byz ad BHS. Is this a bug, or did I read too much?

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 2:11 PM

JackCaviness:

Melissa Snyder:
So before updating Logos recently the Stop Reading | Mark Read line was visible in the text? 

Melissa

I lost these lines in two resources a day or two before SR-3. They were "Vanishing Conscience" and "The Gospel According to Jesus", both by John MacArthur. They had been present for more than a week, but disappeared. The lines are still visible in Byz ad BHS. Is this a bug, or did I read too much?

Hi Jack,

Could the Reading Plan Visual Filter have been disabled in each book?

Melissa

Posts 20
Richard Taillefer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 3:53 PM

Hello Melissa

I checked the version and it is 4.o.a SR-3.

I don't remember updating any other programs at that time.

Before updating, the Stop Reading / Mark Read line was visible with text.

Rick

Posts 10547
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 4:56 AM

Melissa Snyder:
Could the Reading Plan Visual Filter have been disabled in each book?

Tell Bob I said to double your salary! Cool I don't know that I have ever clicked on that button before! Thank you, Melissa.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 8:33 AM

Richard Taillefer:

Hello Melissa

I checked the version and it is 4.o.a SR-3.

I don't remember updating any other programs at that time.

Before updating, the Stop Reading / Mark Read line was visible with text.

Rick

Rick,

1. Try deselecting the visual filter in that book, then reselecting it. Does that make a difference? 
  2. Have you rebooted your computer since updating? If not, reboot and check the resource again.
  3. If it still isn't working, please post your Windows version and attach a log file. Follow the steps in this article to enable logging: http://www.logos.com/L4/Support/DiagnosticLogging.

Thank you,
Melissa

Posts 20
Richard Taillefer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 9:36 AM

Hi Melissa

Thanks for the suggestions.  I tried deselecting and reselecting the visual filter, but it did not change the problem.  I have restarted the computer a number of times, but that has not changed the issue either.  I will follow the instructions on the log file and post it for you.

Rick

Posts 20
Richard Taillefer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 12:38 PM

My computer operating system is Windows XP

[View:0383.Logos4.log">http://community.logos.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/76/2352.Logos4Indexer.log:550:0]0383.Logos4.log

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 12:42 PM

Richard Taillefer:

I have it, thanks.  ~ Melissa

Posts 20
Richard Taillefer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 2:29 PM

Does it go to tech support for review and then will I hear feedback here or via email?

Thanks,

Rick

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 7:04 AM

Richard Taillefer:

Does it go to tech support for review and then will I hear feedback here or via email?

Thanks,

Rick

Your log is being reviewed by developers. A cause and resolution has not been arrived at yet. When there is more information, I will update this thread.

Thank you,
Melissa

Posts 20
Richard Taillefer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 12 2010 7:05 AM

my problem is fixed.  Thanks to you and those who fixed the problem, and those involved in the interface.  I hardly ever use 3.0 now.

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS