Library Shortcut

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1049
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 3 2014 9:39 AM

Is there a way to force the Library shortcut to open the Library window in a new tab on left-click instead of a floating window? I'd like the ability to do either depending on my mood. I don't want to have to fiddle with the right-click context menu (could just do that with the big Library button).

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 9:46 AM

CTRL + L

Posts 4645
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 9:49 AM

Sleiman:

CTRL + L

But hopefully not for long - that should be the shortcut to open it in a floating window.

That is where I want it whatever my mood.  :-)

Posts 1049
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 9:51 AM

Sleiman:

CTRL + L

On the Mac, Command+L opens in a floating window. I currently don't run on Windows (but may split time again in the future).

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 9:53 AM

What happens if you create a library shortcut on the shortcuts bar? In windows that opens the library in a docked pane

Posts 1049
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 10:01 AM

Fredc:

What happens if you create a library shortcut on the shortcuts bar? In windows that opens the library in a docked pane

It always opens in a floating window. Perhaps this is Mac behavior. Also, if I create a Library link in my Favorites pane, that also opens the Library in a floating window.

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 10:04 AM

William Gabriel:
Perhaps this is Mac behavior

Must be. Can I interest you in a Toshiba laptopWink

Posts 1049
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 10:18 AM

Fredc:

William Gabriel:
Perhaps this is Mac behavior

Must be. Can I interest you in a Toshiba laptopWink

I really do need a new laptop. Mine is a 2009 MBP. Logos, along with some of my other serious software, technically works, but it's a bit of a pain.

I do like the MacOS though, so I've got my eye on the newer MBPs. If Logos could stop coming out with updates, perhaps I'd be able to save for some new hardware. Wink

Posts 4645
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 10:25 AM

William Gabriel:

Sleiman:

CTRL + L

On the Mac, Command+L opens in a floating window. I currently don't run on Windows (but may split time again in the future).

Not on my iMac nor my MacBook.  :-( 

OSX 10.10 and Logos 6.0 SR-3

Posts 1049
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 10:33 AM

Mike Binks:

William Gabriel:

Sleiman:

CTRL + L

Not on my iMac nor my MacBook.  :-( 

OSX 10.10 and Logos 6.0 SR-3

Interesting. I'm running 10.9.5 -- I'm worried about killing my laptop dead by upgrading to 10.10. I've got SR3 going. I tried looking for some kind of setting that might have changed window behavior, but I couldn't find anything.

Perhaps we just need to trade computers?

Posts 4645
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 10:35 AM

William Gabriel:

Why don't you pop round and we'll talk about it over a coffee.

Give me a ring when you get to the outskirts of Corby (Northants) and I'll talk you in.

Posts 1422
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 11:12 AM

I did not know this before, but Crtl + L seems to open the Library in a tab, good to know!

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 4645
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 11:13 AM

Veli Voipio:

I did not know this before, but Crtl + L seems to open the Library in a tab, good to know!

Bad to know - it is supposed to open in a floating window - this is a bug (see help file).

Posts 1422
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 11:36 AM

Well, I wish they don't fix this bug! :)

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 1049
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 11:48 AM

Mike Binks:

William Gabriel:

Why don't you pop round and we'll talk about it over a coffee.

Give me a ring when you get to the outskirts of Corby (Northants) and I'll talk you in.

I would enjoy that. If I'm ever in your neck of the woods, I'll let you know.

Posts 1049
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 11:49 AM

Veli Voipio:

Well, I wish they don't fix this bug! :)

It could (nay, should) be an option! Wouldn't mind it being a toggle like smart select, then have a key press on click (e.g. control) override and do the opposite.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS