How to Report Errors in Interlinears?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 124
GeoPappas | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 7 2014 7:10 AM

What is the proper way to report an error in an interlinear?

I understand that there is a "Report Typo" feature, but that doesn't seem like the proper way to report an interlinear problem, since it is basically geared towards the English text.

For example, in Hosea 14:3 in the NKJV, the interlinear is missing some Hebrew words and is not matched correctly with the words that are there.  The English word "work" is matched with the Hebrew lemma "elohiym" (H430), when it should be matched with the Hebrew lemma "maaseh" (H4639).  The English word "hands" is not matched to any Hebrew lemma, when it should be matched to the Hebrew lemma "yad" (H3027).  The English word "gods" is not matched to any Hebrew lemma, when it should be matched to the Hebrew lemma "elohiym" (H430).

Posts 7983
LogosEmployee

GeoPappas:
What is the proper way to report an error in an interlinear?

revint@logos.com (see https://www.logos.com/support/reportaproblem)

You can just send a link to this post and screenshot.

Posts 124
GeoPappas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 8:32 AM

Thanks.

I wasn't sure if that was the correct place to report because I had seen another thread where someone said that they reported an interlinear problem there last year and the issue still hasn't been fixed (see here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/69868.aspx).

Blessings.

Posts 124
GeoPappas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 30 2014 2:59 PM

How long does something like this take to get fixed?  It has been almost two months and the errors still exist.

I ask because I have found another error that I am thinking about reporting, but I would rather not waste my time writing something technical up if nobody ever fixes these things (and unfortunately that seems to be the pattern from my many years of experience reporting errors with Logos).

Posts 26288
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 30 2014 4:38 PM

GeoPappas:

How long does something like this take to get fixed?  It has been almost two months and the errors still exist.

I ask because I have found another error that I am thinking about reporting, but I would rather not waste my time writing something technical up if nobody ever fixes these things (and unfortunately that seems to be the pattern from my many years of experience reporting errors with Logos).

Logos batches the errors into groups and schedules new releases of the resources based on several factors - including the severity of the error and the number of people owning the resource. Given the number of complaints in the forums about too frequent updates, you know that Logos has a balancing act between slow fixes and frequent updates. I generally allow a year or so before I start wondering when it will be fixed unless it is a systematic problem that diminishes the usefulness of a resource in which case they normally have the fix out in a month or two.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 30 2014 4:45 PM

GeoPappas:
I would rather not waste my time writing something technical up if nobody ever fixes these things

It's not a waste of time to report technical problems. They might not get around to fixing it as quickly as you'd like but they do take all these reports seriously and will eventually fix it. But if nobody reports it, they most likely will not fix it.

If it's not that troublesome to you, then there might be a real trade-off between the time it would take for you to write it up and the gratification of getting it fixed someday. Only you can make that decision. But if it's a really annoying problem, then please do report it, for everyone's sake. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS