Can we get this or do we already have this? Confused

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3763
Milkman | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 7 2014 8:08 AM

I'm reading Hearing the Old Testament:Listening for God's Address and in one of the foot notes Ridderbos is referenced.

However, because I don't have this resource when I click the note (7) it gives me this:

Ok I have his other resources, maybe this will be a good acquisition for the day. I "visit" the Faithlife/Logos site to see how much it will cost and this appears:

No price, no pre-pub note, no nothing. And when I I click the link to his resources in Faithlife I get this;

And finally when I want to see what's in the seven (7) volumn set (which I already own) I get this:

No commentary on John. So am I confused or missing something?

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 8:32 AM

Ridderbos' commentary on John was originally part of the Herman Ridderbos Collection, but it was pulled during the prepub phase due to rights issues.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 3763
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 8:35 AM

Too bad. 

Posts 5
Onell McCarthy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 1:46 PM

Mark can you suggest a basic layout for bible study and sermon preparation without the greek stuff

Posts 30658
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 1:53 PM

Onell McCarthy:
Mark can you suggest a basic layout for bible study and sermon preparation without the greek stuff

You might be better off creating a new thread... 1) You have asked a question that doesn't relate to this thread and 2) There is a good chance Mark won't see your post. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 2:26 PM

Onell McCarthy:

Joe Miller has a very detailed presentation of sermon prep using Logos Bible Software. It is based on L5 and does use original languages. he presents a series of different layouts for different phases of sermon preparation. Here's his site. Browse down to see the tutorials.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS