Many frustrations getting a presentation assembled in Proclaim

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Chris callanan | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 8 2014 9:28 PM

After many months I am back trying to switch my church over to Proclaim from Mediashout (for various reasons)

We have used Mediashout for years and are very well versed in it - which makes this transition very hard. 

I can make a basic presentation - but some things are just not working the way I would expect them to.

1 - I imported my song database, but many songs can't be found. I type the title in and they don't show up in the list under My Songs.  I know they are there, it just isn't finding them. It isn't specific to 1 song either - 3 of the 5 songs this week can't be found. I'd really like to be able to directly edit the database but can't seem to find where to do that... am I missing something?  I read somewhere there is a right-click menu to delete songs from the database, but I can't find that to save my life. (would be nice to remove ones we know we will never use - keep the list manageable).. 

2 - Common template for all new songs (or specific type of item) - When I add a song, I want it basically to look like the last song I added. Margins the same, justifications the same, etc...  but it seems to default to Proclaim's default each time.  I don't want to have to set the template for each song - we rotate through a lot of them.  Same for Bible additions, etc...  I want them to all look the same upon insertion, can I do that?

3 - I think I saw another old thread on this topic before, but not sure if things have changed - the ability to save the current presentation, and then edit it for the next week - keeping the old one as an archive. Would like to be able to revisit old presentations when I need to, and don't want to create a new one from scratch every week.

I'm sure I will come up with 1000 more questions before I plop down our cash for this software... I want this to work for us, but I can't afford a massive learning curve....

Thanks

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 10:13 PM

Glad to hear you're giving Proclaim another chance. Hopefully I can help with some of the learning curve.

Chris callanan:
1 - I imported my song database, but many songs can't be found. I type the title in and they don't show up in the list under My Songs.  I know they are there, it just isn't finding them. It isn't specific to 1 song either - 3 of the 5 songs this week can't be found. I'd really like to be able to directly edit the database but can't seem to find where to do that... am I missing something?  I read somewhere there is a right-click menu to delete songs from the database, but I can't find that to save my life. (would be nice to remove ones we know we will never use - keep the list manageable).. 

If you can provide a specific song title that isn't found I can look in the server side database and see what I can find. There isn't a way to view all the songs at once but you can use the right click context menu in the entry helper to remove a song from your personal song database.

Chris callanan:
2 - Common template for all new songs (or specific type of item) - When I add a song, I want it basically to look like the last song I added. Margins the same, justifications the same, etc...  but it seems to default to Proclaim's default each time.  I don't want to have to set the template for each song - we rotate through a lot of them.  Same for Bible additions, etc...  I want them to all look the same upon insertion, can I do that?

You can use the right click menu in the order of service to duplicate an existing song, then just change the lyrics. 

If you don't have an item in your current presentation to duplicate you can use the Reuse Items section in the Add Item menu. This will allow you add items from all previous (non deleted) presentations.

Chris callanan:
3 - I think I saw another old thread on this topic before, but not sure if things have changed - the ability to save the current presentation, and then edit it for the next week - keeping the old one as an archive. Would like to be able to revisit old presentations when I need to, and don't want to create a new one from scratch every week.

You can use the right click menu in the Open popup to duplicate the previous week's presentation as a starting point.

Posts 9
Chris callanan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 11:33 PM

Thanks!  The right click options help quite a bit :)

Need to get our CCLI login information from our worship leader - that may help some of this :)

Couple songs the search can't seem to find - 

How Deep the Father's Love (Stuart Townend - 1995 Kingsway's Thank you)

God with Us  (Jason Ingram/Leslie Jordan - 2012 Integrity's Praise music)  <--this is a pretty common lyric, so lots of songs match ...  would be good to have a more advanced seach - by Title specifically.

Neither of those songs is found by searching by Author either...  

Posts 9
Chris callanan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 9:24 AM

Another one - on Text slides....

Are we really limited to the same font and size for the whole slide? Can we not have some text bigger than other on the same slide?

Posts 140
LogosEmployee
Nick Ericson (Proclaim) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 9:39 AM

Content Service Items can have multiple fields on it. Each field has different styling properties (including font and size). You can only have a single "Main" field (the multi-line field) but you can have multiple other single line fields (i.e. Custom). To add them use the button with a "T" on it in the upper right:

Select one of the fields you add and then you can set its font, color, etc using the bar on the top:

Proclaim will attempt to fit the text to the size of the field. So if a larger font size is set on text than what can fit in the field the font size will be decreased until it fits.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS