Crossgrade

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 133
Matt Zimmerman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 9 2014 2:11 PM

Can anyone recall if Logos 5 offered a crossgrade or is this something new? I am trying to find out if discounts based on owned media are based solely on "resources" owned or also take into account "media" and "data sets" owned. So for example, if Logos 7 offers a data set that I already owned from Logos 6, is it fair to assume that a Logos 7 crossgrade will be cheaper? (I'm thinking ahead heh).

Posts 24757
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 2:17 PM

Crossgrade were available for Logos 4&5 - see https://wiki.logos.com/Upgrade_or_Crossgrade for details 

Posts 26677
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 3:14 PM

Matt Zimmerman:
Can anyone recall if Logos 5 offered a crossgrade or is this something new?

The Upgrade or Crossgrade link that is supplied above will show you the L5 crosssgrades but all the links are dead!  Those crossgrades required you to purchase the L4 crossgrade if you did not have an L4 package (or any package). The L6 crossgrades are smarter and include all the previous features and datasets, and dynamic pricing takes care of stuff you already have e.g. an L6 crossgrade is cheaper if you already have an L5 Crossgrade or L5 base package.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 3:17 PM

Confirming what Graham followed by Dave said, when I saw the price for the L6 crossgrades, I had a near heartattack.  Then I turned on my cookies.  Whew!

I'd suspect the L7 crossgrade will be similar.  The L4/L5 approach was pretty confusing.  And the text describing the L6 one isn't much better.  I basically ignored it.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS