Upcoming Resource Update : 1/12/2010

Page 2 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 55 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 19276
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 6:43 PM

Todd Phillips:

I believe everyone who's received Tyndale had ordered it from a reseller other than Logos.

Oh, that explains it. So not only do they get to sell it cheaper, they also get to ship it sooner? Hmm...that doesn't seem fair.

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 6:54 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:

has anyone been able to download these updates yet?

I tried but no updates at 8:54 pm central time...

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 9520
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 7:23 PM

Just getting some download activity now. Only 36.2 MB of data however. Maybe it is the SR3 update.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9520
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 7:43 PM

Mark A. Smith:

Maybe it is the SR3 update.

Yep. Nothing else yet.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 9:44 PM

Completed downloading 1.0014 GB...now indexing.

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 1409
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 9:50 PM

Hi Richard

Richard DeRuiter:
BTW, I still don't see my NIV reverse interlinear on your list. (hint, hint)

This is a bit further off (months, not weeks). We're hoping for the NT portion in the mid-late spring; no estimate on the OT portion yet. But the entire Lexham NT will make the cut well before then (hint, hint).

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 1409
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 9:58 PM

Rick Brannan:

Hi Richard

Richard DeRuiter:

This is a bit further off (months, not weeks). We're hoping for the NT portion in the mid-late spring; no estimate on the OT portion yet. But the entire Lexham NT will make the cut well before then (hint, hint).

I should clarify: "Lexham NT" ==> "Lexham English Bible, New Testament". Apologies for confusing anyone.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 352
Mike & Rachel Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 10:14 PM

Jayson Bradley:

• The Old Testament in Greek According to the Septuagint (Alternate Texts)
  • The Old Testament in Greek According to the Septuagint (Apparatus)
  • The Old Testament in Greek According to the Septuagint (Apparatus for Alternate Texts)
  • The Old Testament in Greek According to the Septuagint (Text)
  • YES!

Posts 5573
    Forum MVP
    Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 10:26 PM

Rick Brannan:

Hi Richard

Richard DeRuiter:

[heavy sigh] Okay [/heavy sigh]

Glad to hear that the LEB rev int is nearing completion. It's a great resource IMHO.

I'll just have to work on that 4th fruit of the Spirit, I guess.

Thanks for the update.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 352
    Mike & Rachel Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 10:54 PM

By the way, I'm looking at the table of contents for this. It looks complete, but since it follows a different order than Rahlfs, its hard to tell. And my print volumes of Swete don't have a table of contents to check against.

Morphology is on its way too, right?

Oh, and links between the apparatus & the addenda to the apparatus would be nice so we can have that info in the pop ups (incidentally, links to addenda would be very nice in a number of books -- most notably Robertson's big grammar).

Posts 468
    Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 11:49 PM

Thanks, Jayson, for letting us know about the updates...what a pleasant way to start my morning off....with updates!

Thanks for all the hard work! Just know that it is appreciated.

Charlene

Posts 19276
    Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 1:34 AM

Just got the download, but it didn't include these items (which are all still in my pre-pub basket). Do I need to do something different to get them? Have they actually shipped already?

Jayson Bradley:

• History of the Reformation in Europe in the Time of Calvin, Vol. 1
    • History of the Reformation in Europe in the Time of Calvin, Vol. 2
    • History of the Reformation in Europe in the Time of Calvin, Vol. 3
    • History of the Reformation in Europe in the Time of Calvin, Vol. 4
    • History of the Reformation in Europe in the Time of Calvin, Vol. 5
    • History of the Reformation in Europe in the Time of Calvin, Vol. 6
    • History of the Reformation in Europe in the Time of Calvin, Vol. 7
    • History of the Reformation in Europe in the Time of Calvin, Vol. 8
    • Judaism and the Origins of Christianity
    • New Testament Background Commentary: A New Dictionary of Words, Phrases and Situations in Bible Order
    • Walk Deuteronomy!
    • Walk Exodus!
    • Walk Genesis!
    • Walk Numbers!

Posts 3163
    Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 4:31 AM

Your mileage may vary, but you may want to consider doing a "Merge Index" after the download comes down. I got 88 files and 1.13 GB, and the Supplemental Index was large.  Maybe it's not large enough to force a merge (is that 25% of index size?), but my experience has been that even with a small supplemental index I get 2 sets of results on a search.

Posts 26968
    Forum MVP
    Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 5:45 AM

Jayson Bradley:
    I just wanted to give you all a heads up regarding a resource update that is coming this evening.

Thank you Jayson.

This news is really appreciated.

Dave
    ===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 26968
    Forum MVP
    Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 6:14 AM

Dominick Sela:
    Your mileage may vary, but you may want to consider doing a "Merge Index" after the download comes down. I got 88 files and 1.13 GB, and the Supplemental Index was large.  Maybe it's not large enough to force a merge (is that 25% of index size?), but my experience has been that even with a small supplemental index I get 2 sets of results on a search.

Bradley Grainger explains that New Resources duplicates results in a Basic Search:

Only when "Library Results" sorts By Book, in which case the supplemental index results are merged in to the main display. (Ideally, the New Resources section would be hidden in that case, but it currently doesn't hide/show itself depending on the Library Results view setting.) If you always search By Book, permanently collapse the New Resources section, because you don't need it.

But

If you're searching the main Library index by rank, New Resources need to be displayed in a different section. If sorting by resource (the "By Book" sort, or a Bible Search, which always groups hits by resource), the results can be merged without problem.

So, if you want to avoid the confusion it would indeed be better to merge indexes. If you only search by book then permanantly collapse the New Resources section.

Dave
    ===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 64
    David Stevely | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 6:51 AM

What date should all these resources show in my files in explorer please?

e.g. I have amongst many others ESV inter-linears but the "modified" dates shown are all some time ago.  Does this mean they have not updated or is this date not significant.

I have updated today to SR 3 and clicked the icon to download updates.  The system also went through an indexing cycle.

Apart from this I am not having any problems with L4 and the recent updates.

Posts 3163
    Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 8:14 AM

Dave Hooton:

If you're searching the main Library index by rank, New Resources need to be displayed in a different section. If sorting by resource (the "By Book" sort, or a Bible Search, which always groups hits by resource), the results can be merged without problem.

Yep that's me, I love to search by Rank.  It seems so much more intuitive, as the book I am looking for is almost always Rank #1, sorted alphabetically down the list if I have only typed in the appropriate keyword or two that will distinguish the book.  Of course I have to then click to get sort by rank, then slide the slider up to the top to see it.  I sure hope this is made easier in the future, or AT LEAST the preference to sort by Rank and have the slider bar at the top is maintained if I click to use it that way!

Posts 152
    Mike Strawn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 8:40 AM

Jayson - with the L4A9 Version - the Program Settings Option displays a window that says that the feature has not yet been finished - so how is it exactly that we can disable the auto-update feature? Am I missing something obvious? 

Thanks for your help,

-Mike

Posts 63
    Matthew Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 10:33 AM

I see 3 french bibles in this list that I would love to have. 

Nouvelle Loius Segond, Oecumenique, and Langue Courant...Is there any chance that you will ever sell these outside of the Stuttgartt collection? 

There is only 1 (released in 1910) French bible currently available by itself.  I don't know how much business you do in Canada, Europe, or Africa, but it would seem the market for a few French bibles (maybe even an interlinear) would be large enough, especially since they're already digitized. Single or packaged would be better than nothing. I would have put this in the French section of the forum, if one existed. Admins feel free to move my post.

I work for a Bible Translation organization who could definately use these resources in Africa.

Thanks in Advance.  ~Matthew

Posts 26968
    Forum MVP
    Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 5:59 PM

Jayson, please make this a "sticky" post so it can be readily found.

Thanks,

Dave
    ===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 2 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS