Please Create and Option to Display Search Results by Resource Type

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 133
Matt Zimmerman | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 12 2014 11:58 AM

A basic search in Logos spits out everything in a giant list. There are three options to sort by: ranked, by resource, count.

I think it would be very useful to also have a "by resource type" which would then create a segregated list of different resource types matching my search. For example, if I search "Christ" then it would show:

Bibles:
> NIV (xxxx hits)
> NET (xxxx hits)
> ISV (xxxx hits)

Commentaries:
> BECNT (xxxx hits)
> NAC (xxxx hits)
> NICNT (xxxx hits)

Dictionaries / Encyclopedias
> ZEB (xxxx hits)
> ISBE (xxxx hits)

Maps
> ????
> ????

Images
> ????
> ????

Then I could click on the ">" by each resource to expand it and see the results if I wanted to further drill down.

Also, I would highly suggest in combination with this a feature to either limit the results to those resources with the most hits or at least allow some kind of resource designation so that I don't see results from resources I don't want. Maybe a check box feature, or something. I'm not sure, but I do know that the usefulness would clearly drop if I have 30 bibles in the bible results panel and I only use 1. The same can be said for commentaries, etc.

Posts 32471
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 12 2014 7:18 PM

This is a good idea. I know because it is basically what I do by searching collections rather than all resources. Big Smile

The Everything search in L6 is also a move in this direction.

I think this would be especially helpful to new Logos users - simplifying their results without requiring them to know the ins and outs of collections, library selection rules etc.

Yes

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 521
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 12 2014 8:24 PM

MJ. Smith:

This is a good idea. I know because it is basically what I do by searching collections rather than all resources. Big Smile

I think this would be especially helpful to new Logos users - simplifying their results without requiring them to know the ins and outs of collections, library selection rules etc.

Yes

I agree.

Posts 521
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 12 2014 8:24 PM

MJ. Smith:

Yes

I agree.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS