Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 238
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 13 2014 8:00 AM

I just watched the YouTube video on Labels in the Highlight panel of Logos 6 (I have L6 Gold) - but there is no "Labels" tab. I have Solid Colors; Emphasis Markup; Highlighter Pens; Inductive; and Reid's Emphasis (my own palette. But no Labels. Thoughts? 

Posts 3292
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 8:53 AM

You have to create a new style and designate the type as labels.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 238
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 9:05 AM

Thanks David - that is doable of course - I've done it. But the video presents the "label tool" as a new feature with a whole new set of attributes. Video Quote: "New to Logos 6 is the label entry tool". That tool does not appear in my L6. Your suggestion would in L5 as well. This is something different I believe.

Posts 3292
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 9:12 AM

Reid A Ferguson:

Thanks David - that is doable of course - I've done it. But the video presents the "label tool" as a new feature with a whole new set of attributes. Video Quote: "New to Logos 6 is the label entry tool". That tool does not appear in my L6. Your suggestion would in L5 as well. This is something different I believe.

No you actually have to create the style.  See this thread which has a video a Faithlife employee uploaded:

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/93205/647728.aspx#647728 

How to upload logs

Posts 238
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 9:30 AM

I appreciate it David - but I think there is still something amiss. Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M26fXiGd_Sw

It implies something different. Then again, maybe I'm just thick. 

Posts 13415
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 9:41 AM

Reid A Ferguson:

David is right. In your custom palette you have to create a highlight style, and at the bottom of the style you'll see a new section called "Labelling", which wasn't in L5. That's the tool the video is speaking about. It's around the 1:50 mark in the video.

If you don't see the Labelling section it's probably because you haven't created a new style.

Posts 1818
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 9:51 AM

Reid A Ferguson:
It implies something different.

What is different to me is the ability to search your labels and their attributes.  The attributes are what makes a label different from regular highlighting. Yes, in Logos 6 you can search a particular highlighting style but it is all or nothing. With label type highlighting you can search a highlighting style and filter the results by using the attributes. This narrows the search down to exactly what you want.

This ability has never been in Logos before. I especially like the additional search functions.

Posts 238
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 9:56 AM

Thanks all for trudging through my denseness. I think (for slugs like me) mentioning that you have to create a new style to get the Labels portion might have been helpful. Jus sayn'. Apparently the rest of y'all got it right out of the gate. 

Posts 13415
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 10:17 AM

Reid A Ferguson:

Thanks all for trudging through my denseness. I think (for slugs like me) mentioning that you have to create a new style to get the Labels portion might have been helpful. Jus sayn'. Apparently the rest of y'all got it right out of the gate. 

You're in good company.

Posts 2580
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 10:41 AM

You are right. I can see why this is confusing. Around the 1:15 mark, it indicates that you should already have a pre-existing palette called Labels. You'll actually need to create a new palette first and then create a style in that palette. I will check and see if we can clarify that. I apologize for the confusion.

Posts 15
LogosEmployee
Todd Bishop | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 11:41 AM

Reid, 

For that video, I skipped ahead and worked from a new palette called "Labels." Once you've created the highlighting palette, you will have the option to add structured metadata under a new option called "Labeling." This section is totally new to L6. I'll go back and edit the video to include the first step. 

Posts 238
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 11:45 AM

Thanks man!

Posts 3292
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 11:56 AM

Todd Bishop:

Reid, 

For that video, I skipped ahead and worked from a new palette called "Labels." Once you've created the highlighting palette, you will have the option to add structured metadata under a new option called "Labeling." This section is totally new to L6. I'll go back and edit the video to include the first step. 

Yes

How to upload logs

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS