English Pronunciations

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Frank Agnoli | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 13 2014 10:49 AM

Is anyone else having problems with the search feature in the English Audio Pronunciations tool?

When I type a word known to be on the list in the search box it does not 'find' it. The other languages (Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek x3) work fine.

Posts 313
Mike McKnelly | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 10:58 AM

I posted the same question just a few minutes before you sell no answer.

Posts 49
LogosEmployee
Chris Robbers | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 11:00 AM

Frank Agnoli:

Is anyone else having problems with the search feature in the English Audio Pronunciations tool?

When I type a word known to be on the list in the search box it does not 'find' it. The other languages (Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek x3) work fine.

Thanks for the report. We have fixed this and it will be in an upcoming release.

Posts 574
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 12:34 PM

Will more proper nouns be added to the list? I noticed Elimelech wasn't in there, for example. Also, will this feature be tied to the right click menu?

Posts 574
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 12:35 PM

Well, now I see Elimelech in the list...it just didn;t come up i the search.

Posts 1700
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 1:23 AM

Thank you for fixing this in Logos 6.0a (6.0.1.0032). Appreciated.

Posts 1
Dennis Peck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 10 2021 11:16 AM

I am a Word Search transitionary. In that program, I get an audio pronunciation of a word in an English translation bible with a right click. Doesn't seem to be working in LOGOS 9 basic. Seems like audio pronunciations are only available from original languages.

Can any one help with this?

Dennis

Posts 2698
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 10 2021 12:35 PM

Pronunciation of places, names, and other terms is provided by purchasing this dataset: https://www.logos.com/product/45488/english-audio-pronunciations-dataset

The dataset can't be purchased separately, but about halfway down the page there is a section that lists the packages that include this dataset.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS