Goodreads and Logos

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Dillon Evans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 2:36 PM

It is actually simple as long as you dont mind a little data entry. You can go to https://www.goodreads.com/review/import and upload a csv (excel file) with the books information and it will load into goodreads. They also have a sample csv at the url above.

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 29 2015 5:02 AM

Dillon Evans:
It is actually simple as long as you dont mind a little data entry. You can go to https://www.goodreads.com/review/import and upload a csv (excel file) with the books information and it will load into goodreads.
Does that create a new record for each book or would it match the books in my csv file with records for the book already in Goodreads?

Posts 297
JC54 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 29 2015 7:13 AM

David Taylor Jr:
Hey Kevin, don't know if you know this but Amazon did not link to Goodreads until they bought out the company (go figure).  I don't know if they open it up or not, I'd have to look into it, but I know that is why Amazon pushes it, because it now belongs to them.

Hmm that's interesting. But maybe Logos would like to start up some service like this. They could link it to our accounts and to their website. Maybe an interesting addition to faithlife?

Posts 4134
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 29 2015 8:38 AM

You know, the first time I saw a topic like this I was hard on it; however now I find myself wishing for a way to include ISBNs (where possible) in my logos bibliographies so that I can save a .csv file and upload it. Helping me to sort through my print library, selling what is duplicated and thus having more money to buy Logos titles.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 4134
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 14 2018 7:19 AM

bringing this back up.

Trying to get my books into GR. half way there... Would be easier with the ability to export a bibliography into a format GR or even calibre is happy with.

Right now because of meta data missing you end up with something like:
1. title, author, publisher, date,
2. title, author, publisher, title
3. Author, Publisher, Date, Title
4. Author, Publisher, Title, Author,
5. Publisher, Date, Title, Author

You get the idea.

GR also needs the ISBN, and most Logos books have that stripped out.

with 16, or 17,000 books in logos (and over 30000 total incl calibre books), one at a time isn't an option.

Any way, feel free to add me over there.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 14 2018 10:29 AM

On a related note, I miss seeing Goodreads reviews for Faithlife Connect books.

The Vyrso site showed them, and I used to read the reviews. However, the FaithlifeConnect ebooks site has almost no product reviews, which is unfortunate for us.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 285
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 14 2018 1:55 PM

I have added a few Mobile Ed courses to Goodreads, but this year and next year I am suspending using Goodreads so I won't be adding new Mobile Ed courses to it for a couple more years. There have been some books not in Goodreads I have added as well from our libraries.

Posts 1263
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 15 2018 8:54 AM

I’ve tried via csv import through the goodreads ‘my books’ page, but it only imports ten at a time or so (if I remember right). I’d also be interested if anyone knows a better way! 

There’s also a Logos users Goodreads group if anyone’s interested: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/202453-logos-bible-software-users

Posts 2088
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 16 2018 9:51 PM

I'm on Goodreads as well for anyone who wants to add me. I had a feeling Amazon owned them with the deep integration I was seeing. Linking with my FL account would be nice, but in the meantime, I just search for books manually and add as I go. Trying to slowly add a list of all the books I've read, plus using Goodreads to track books I'm reading. I do like using Goodreads for reading tracking, especially since I'm starting a PhD program.

Nathan Parker

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS