Lexham Bible Background Slides

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 19
Little Ike | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 14 2014 9:12 AM

Reading the blog on Original Lexham Press Resources, it mentions that one of the items that was included in Logos 6 is the Lexham Bible Background Slides.  I am not able to find this resource in my Platinum library.  Can someone tell me if the Lexham Bible Background Slides are included in the Platinum Base package and if so, how do I get to it?

Posts 3107
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 9:16 AM

Yes they are.  I am assuming your are looking for the backgrounds for the books of the Bible.

Pull up the factbook and run the report on the book you would like to use, they should show up in the media portions of the report and then open in visual copy.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 19
Little Ike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 12:32 PM

Thanks for the quick response.  There is a inline search link for media that I had to click on to find the slides.

Posts 112
Chad M. Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 1:50 PM

Not to be dense but I run the Factbook on the Gospel of Matthew and don't see it.  I even read the "Search Media for "Gospel of Matthew" and it did not show up.  Any ideas?

Posts 22275
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 2:04 PM

Chad M. Foster:
Not to be dense but I run the Factbook on the Gospel of Matthew and don't see it.

When I try it, it is the second media item as below. 

And the media search gets it as well

What are you getting?

Posts 112
Chad M. Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 2:06 PM

Thanks. I missed that it was multiple things.  I just say that and thought it was a single slide background that just said "Matthew."  Thank you!

Posts 27965
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 2:07 PM

Here's where it appears for me:

If you can't find it either place, what level of L6 package do you have?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 2:17 PM

Where could I find the JEREMIAH TIMELINE illustrated by the Logos Blog?

Posts 22275
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 2:23 PM

Bill Fiess:

Where could I find the JEREMIAH TIMELINE illustrated by the Logos Blog?

Its in the Bible Background Slides for that book

Open Factbook, look at "Book of Jeremiah", click on the Backgrounds slide and you should find it in the set

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 2:27 PM

Chad M. Foster:

Thanks. I missed that it was multiple things.  I just say that and thought it was a single slide background that just said "Matthew."  Thank you!

I had trouble finding it too Chad. You are not dense.

I appreciate the blog post highlighting this feature but then it failed miserably in explaining how to access it. I was expecting there to be a Lexham Bible Backgrounds Media resource in my library based on past actions by Logos e.g. Faith Life Study Bible Media resources is a resource in my Library but Logos have changed tact with Logos 6 and it seems they want to push all new media to us via the web.  Logos 6 is now a semi-cloud based application - something I believe they are not open about enough in their advertising - I only found out about this from reading comments by users on these forums.

Since these slides seem to be only accessible via Visual copy and not my library I assume if a user is not connected to the internet they will not be able to access these slides. If my assumption about these being stored in the cloud is correct the blog post should also be clear about the need to have internet access to actually be able to access these slides.

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 2:56 PM

Thanks, Graham  - but I could not find the TIMELINE in my slides. [I did find things like THEME, OUTLINE etc.] but not TIMELINE.

Posts 22275
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 3:27 PM

Bill Fiess:

Thanks, Graham  - but I could not find the TIMELINE in my slides. [I did find things like THEME, OUTLINE etc.] but not TIMELINE.

Very strange - I end up with seven slides in Visual Copy. How many do you have?

Posts 2147
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 5:16 PM

I have 7 that try to download.  Eventually 5 were successful.   The other two just spin endlessly like a tire in a snowdrift.   

Posts 13
Russel Fox | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 6:55 AM

I originally had Logos 5 Diamond and did the extended cross grade but when I do this exact search I do not get these slides. The only media I get are pictures of Papri, and a timeline. My understanding was that this feature was available with Silver and up. There is nothing listed for me under Logos Media Library, it says 0 results .45 seconds. Anyone have any ideas?

Posts 22275
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 7:08 AM

Hi Russel - and welcome to the forums

Russel Fox:
My understanding was that this feature was available with Silver and up. There is nothing listed for me under Logos Media Library, it says 0 results .45 seconds. Anyone have any ideas?

Logos had a major service outage over the weekend and are still recovering some components - media search being one of them.

A status update is available at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/96696.aspx 

I expect it will start working again when these services are back on line

Posts 13
Russel Fox | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 7:10 AM

That makes sense, I thought it was my package, I didn't think about the outage. Thank you for the welcome and reply.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS