Lexham Theological Wordbook

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1749
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 14 2014 8:19 PM

Today's blog drew my attention to the Lexham Theological Wordbook. At a quick glance, this resource looks very useful. You may want to consider prioritizing it in your library, so that it turns up under a right-click.

It's arranged in English word order, but you can right-click a Hebrew or Greek word, and it will take you to the appropriate spot (e.g. finding βασιλεία under "Divine Sovereignty"). The content is thoughtfully arranged, gleaning what you are likely to want without all the background of something like TDNT.

I wonder if Logos would consider upgrading the way footnotes from this resource appear when we copy'n'paste so they reflect the author and article and not just the resource? For example, if you copy from  the "Kingship" article by John Herbst, the footnote reads only:

Douglas Mangum et al., eds., Lexham Theological Wordbook, Lexham Bible Reference Series (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2014)

Posts 3298
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 9:16 PM

Helpful. Thanks for the tip Allen.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 9797
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 15 2014 4:38 AM

Allen Browne:
You may want to consider prioritizing it in your library

Good suggestion.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 44
LogosEmployee
John D. Barry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 1:21 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. And I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying using Lexham Theological Wordbook. We're working on adding tagging so that the article author also shows up when you cut and paste text / cite an article.

Posts 3475
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 3:54 PM

John D. Barry:

Thanks for the suggestion. And I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying using Lexham Theological Wordbook. We're working on adding tagging so that the article author also shows up when you cut and paste text / cite an article.

Yes

Posts 2230
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 4:01 PM

Yes

Posts 107
Scott Groethe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2021 5:18 AM

Can we as users suggest new entries for the LTW? I think "refuge" is a word that could be added.

Posts 27852
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2021 4:06 PM

Scott Groethe:

Can we as users suggest new entries for the LTW? I think "refuge" is a word that could be added.

Refuge comes under Protection, incl. the associated OT/NT lemmas. Refuge appears to be the primary topic name for Bible Dictionaries, but as a more restricted concept generally.

It could be suggested as an alternative Headword, not a new entry.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS