Artifacts from the British museum?

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 58
Richard Milbrandt | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 15 2014 5:50 PM

How do I find artifacts from the British museum in Logos 6 Gold?

Posts 8798
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 15 2014 6:00 PM

There are many ways to search for this. Below I did a quick everything search using the following which yielded 732 results in my library - #image ANDEQUALS "British museum"

See the example below - 

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 745
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 15 2014 6:05 PM

Richard Milbrandt:

How do I find artifacts from the British museum in Logos 6 Gold?

Easiest for me is Media Search for "British Museum".

Posts 18577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 15 2014 6:19 PM

The new Media Search rocks!  (And, what's more, you can use the new Media Search feature to search for rocks. Wink)

Posts 8798
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 15 2014 6:21 PM

Rosie Perera:

The new Media Search rocks!  (And, what's more, you can use the new Media Search feature to search for rocks. Wink)

Yes! (and this is worth saying twice Wink)

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 18577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 15 2014 6:23 PM

That was an artifact of somehow erroneously editing the post and it posting again. I think I'd clicked "Back" after posting, then edited it, then posted, but that posted a second copy rather than editing the first. Oops. I've deleted the first one now.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 15 2014 7:50 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Rosie Perera:

Yes! (and this is worth saying twice Wink)

It is worth saying thrice.  Media Search rocks!

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 15 2014 7:51 PM

I had the blessing of seeing these first hand in 2009... I enjoyed it thoroughly.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 18577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 15 2014 7:53 PM

Super.Tramp:
It is worth saying thrice.  Media Search rocks!

Well, it's pretty good. But one thing could be better about it, which I've reported elsewhere.

Posts 58
Richard Milbrandt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 15 2014 8:13 PM

Thank you for the help.  I forgot I needed to put British Museum in quotes.  Those pictures are very interesting.

Posts 247
Patrick Rietveld | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 12:04 AM

Sean Boisen:

Easiest for me is Media Search for "British Museum".

For me this doesn't work. I don't see a Logos Media Library. I don't have Logos Gold, but I do have L6 Anglican Bronze and the L6 feature cross-grade. Still not enough?

Posts 13117
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 12:13 AM

Patrick Rietveld:
For me this doesn't work. I don't see a Logos Media Library. I don't have Logos Gold, but I do have L6 Anglican Bronze and the L6 feature cross-grade. Still not enough?

You have the artifacts with feature crossgrade.

Are you sure you've selected Media Search and are searching all media in all resources? If so, could you upload a screenshot?

Posts 24446
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 12:22 AM

Patrick Rietveld:
For me this doesn't work.

You need a subscription to Logos Now to see the "British Museum" artifacts. You also get Media Browser with many more images/photos/videos/slides than standard Logos base packages provide.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 13117
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 12:34 AM

Dave Hooton:
You need a subscription to Logos Now to see the "British Museum" artifacts. You also get Media Browser with many more images/photos/videos/slides than standard Logos base packages provide.

You don't need a Logos Now subscription. You do need a subscription to get Media Browser, but you should still be able to see the artifacts in search. They're included in several base packages.

Patrick, is the problem that you don't see the Media Library section in search, or that you don't get results for "British museum"? Can you try a media search for "reed basket" instead? (I'm seeing results for the latter, but not the former, at the moment.)

Posts 1226
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 1:03 AM

Mark Barnes:

(I'm seeing results for the latter, but not the former, at the moment.)

Same with me:

Posts 24446
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 1:07 AM

Mark Barnes:
You don't need a Logos Now subscription.

Correct. I checked that when i saw your reply.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 21572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 1:17 AM

Mark Barnes:
or that you don't get results for "British museum"?

Bob commented on this at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/93323/648137.aspx#648137 

It looks as though they are still not indexing by the museum name

EDIT: But I've just seen this seems inconsistent with what Sean posted above - https://community.logos.com/forums/p/95128/660899.aspx#660899 - so I'm now confused!

Posts 247
Patrick Rietveld | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 2:32 AM

Yes, same with me. I can see the reed basket.

The thing is that I can't see the results in a Logos Media Library. When I compare the screen shots, it looks like the 'Logos Media Library' is something different than the Media Browser.

Posts 13117
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 4:36 AM

Patrick Rietveld:
The thing is that I can't see the results in a Logos Media Library.

It looks like that's been renamed to "Media Collections".

Posts 745
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 3:51 PM

Graham Criddle:

Mark Barnes:
or that you don't get results for "British museum"?

Bob commented on this at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/93323/648137.aspx#648137 

It looks as though they are still not indexing by the museum name

EDIT: But I've just seen this seems inconsistent with what Sean posted above - https://community.logos.com/forums/p/95128/660899.aspx#660899 - so I'm now confused!

While Media Search used to return these for me with the query string "British Museum", as documented in the link Graham included, it doesn't now. I'm not sure if that's a bug or just a change: i'll inquire.

In the meantime, you should be able to find these through Media Browser: expand the Media Collection section on the left to expose the link for Artifacts from the British Museum.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS