A10a: Crashes when opening specific resources

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 56
RichB | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 12 2010 10:01 PM

1. Once L4 is running, open Library

2. Double click on "Alone With God" or "Keyword Learning System"

3. L4 suddenly crashes. No spinning beachball. No need to Force Quit. Just click on icon to restart.

I haven't had the time to go through each resource one by one, but these 2 caused me problems. Other resources, like Wiersbe's series don't have the same issue (or the commentaries that I have, for that matter). If I run across more, should I post them?

Rich 5102.Archive.zip

Posts 11
Kevin Youngblood | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 3:25 AM

Holbein's Bible Woodcuts crashes as well.

Posts 34
Mark Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 3:52 AM

I was able to reproduce Richard's crash immediately.  However, I noticed that additional downloads are running so I will wait until it is complete and try again.  

Posts 34
Mark Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 11:10 AM

I am running a "Rebuild Index".  Once that completes I will retest and let you know if it fixes the problem.  This could take a few hours.  I am getting the crash on multiple resources as well.

Posts 304
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 11:16 AM

In the timespan between Alpha 10 and 10a, a change was made to the shared code that resulted in a crash when opening certain resources. We are working on a fix and should have an updated Alpha 10b released shortly.

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 11:25 AM

Man...who knew breaking into double digits would be so much trouble....

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 11:25 AM

Ha.. I knew we could somehow pin it on the Windows people :-) Seriously though, thanks for tracking this down and staying on top of it!

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 34
Mark Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 11:47 AM

Thanks for the update Martin.  I'll wait for 10b.  This is so much fun. Seriously, I love this type of troubleshooting.  It's what I do for a living, but on a much larger scale.  Anyone ever heard of SAP software?  I make my living supporting a Business Warehouse system with over 15TB of data.  It is a little easier working with that software for me, as I know the ins-and-outs better than L4.  However, I love learning new software and how it works.  Keep the updates coming.

YBIC

Mark

Posts 1
Corey Jarvis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 11:55 AM

I couldn't get Alone With God to quit like that, but I was going through my library and I've had that problem on probably 30 books and I'm only on the letter "C" right now...  Also my entire Pulpit Commentary series force quits and all of my language resources quit as well.  Should the update fix all this too?

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 12:09 PM

So far, the fix appears to work for "Alone with God", "Keyword Learning System", "Holbein's Woodcuts" and "Pulpit Commentary Genesis". The fix will be out soon.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 34
Mark Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 2:02 PM

I've download L4 11 and tested approximately 5 books that caused L4 10 to crash and all is fixed now for me.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS