Support of Logos Tool in support of Greek verbs

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Lorna | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 17 2014 8:31 AM

If there is no verb tense then what does that imply? Should I assume the absence of a tense would imply that this verb is not time-context sensitive?
Ex: Matt 11:28δεῦτε deute
I understand there is "no tense" associated with the verb in this context. That said, does Logos provide enough info to assist a person who uses the tool to understand the what that means?

Posts 112
Chad M. Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 8:49 AM

You might start with a right click.  With just a few clicks I was able to open a Bible Word Study, open BDAG to that word, see other places this term had been used and understand its root.  Then I ran a search on that word in my collection of Greek Grammars that returned 4 results in three rescues 

Posts 22279
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 9:32 AM

Hi Lorna - and welcome to the forums

Lorna:
If there is no verb tense then what does that imply? Should I assume the absence of a tense would imply that this verb is not time-context sensitive?
Ex: Matt 11:28δεῦτε deute

In addition to Chad's suggestion you could look at using the Exegetical Guide - again accessed from the right-click menu

This shows that the word in question is in adverb - which don't have tense associated with them

From there you can also access lexicons etc

Graham

Posts 3
Lorna | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 11:01 AM

Great, thanks so much for your help

Posts 3
Lorna | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 11:01 AM

Thank you so very much!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS