Liking the Timeline to a Resuouce

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 10
Jason Saglimbeni | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 19 2014 10:59 AM

When Liking the Timeline to a resource that has historical information the Timeline should move as you scroll thought the resource.  There should also be a gray line dividing the Timeline horizontally with the name of the resource that it is inked with.  This does not seem to be working in Logos 6!  Has anyone else had this problem?

Also in our resources Time Periods used to be delineated with a white flag and Time Events had a blue flag.  In Logos 6 all flags are the same.  Is this a glitch or was it by design?

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 11:33 AM

I'm not sure what you are referring to.  I have white flags for general dates and blue flags for specific events.

Could you give more info on what you are referring to about the timeline scrolling automatically?  

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 10
Jason Saglimbeni | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 11:40 AM

Since upgrading to Logos 6 all my flags are blue outline with and empty (colorless) center.  I no longer have two different flags.

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 12:32 PM

Theodore G. Brassard:

Since upgrading to Logos 6 all my flags are blue outline with and empty (colorless) center.  I no longer have two different flags.

Could you give a screenshot example.  The flags appear according to what is tagged with them.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 33275
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 3:40 PM

David Taylor Jr:

I'm not sure what you are referring to.  I have white flags for general dates and blue flags for specific events.

There is also the distinction within a resource of the filled in flag being one that is on the timeline and the outlined one being flagged in the text but not yet linked to the timeline.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10
Jason Saglimbeni | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 20 2014 7:27 PM

I have not been able to figure out how to place a screen copy into this forum.  Sorry!

I am more concerned with not being able to link the Timeline to a resource.  This was no problem in Logos 5 but will not work in 6.  My whole class has the same problem so it must be a glitch in Logos 6.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 20 2014 8:03 PM

Theodore G. Brassard:
I have not been able to figure out how to place a screen copy into this forum.

Use the paperclip icon.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Peter Venable | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 2 2014 3:12 PM

When resources get updated, event flags would suddenly appear in the wrong spots because the correct position (measured from the start of the book) has changed, so they are hidden until they can be updated. We're working on getting them corrected so they can appear again.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS