Crash on startup - L6

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 132
NK | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 20 2014 7:39 PM

I just downloaded (I assume) - the Sophocles collection (4 vol.) and perhaps something else (114mb) and now I crash on startup.  Ctrl - work offline produces the same result.  I've attempted to run the rerun the installer, but it says everything is up to date.  Suggestions?  I'd include the log files, but I'm unsure where to find that.

Compose

Thanks!

Posts 9673
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 20 2014 8:10 PM

NK:
I'd include the log files, but I'm unsure where to find that.

Here is an explanation - https://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 132
NK | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 20 2014 11:00 PM

Helpful!  --- attached.  logos and logoserror.log, along with cef.log, are the ones dated today.

0003.contentsoflogoslogfilesdirectory.zip

Posts 27235
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 1:06 AM

There is no evidence of a crash in the logs, so you need to check the Windows Event Viewer as it may have crashed too quick for Logos to record!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 132
NK | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 5:52 AM

4428.windows event log.txt4

Attached.  I separated individual entries with ------- .  I may try a system restore to see if that produces any results.

Posts 132
NK | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 6:09 AM

Attempted the system restore to undo the last Logos installation.  It returned a "file in use" error and was unsuccessful.

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 6:26 AM

Try rebooting your computer. Then go to Control Panel -> Programs. Right click on Logos Bible Software and select repair.

Posts 132
NK | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 4:01 PM

Sadly, no dice.  I'm not excited about a reinstall, but theoretically I can move my resources manually instead of downloading them all again (as per https://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers  )

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 4:32 PM

Doing a little more digging, I believe I misread the site I found earlier this morning regarding 'ASProxy64.dll'. I'm still not sure why Logos Bible is connected with it. It's not part of Logos and is not on my system. It's provided by Astrill. It's a VPN Client.

Note when I installed Astrill on my system, after restarting. All Logos apps crash on startup. Astrill is not compatible with Logos. Try uninstalling it from Control Panel -> Programs. Is that something that was recently installed? Do you use it?

Posts 14
Charles Arriola | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 5:08 PM

Randy,

Can you help me?  My Logos 6 is crashing on startup as well.  3438.Logos Log Files.zip I have Windows 8.1 and a Toshiba laptop.  I don't have anything named Astrill on my laptop.

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 5:17 PM

Charles Arriola:

Randy,

Can you help me?  My Logos 6 is crashing on startup as well.  3438.Logos Log Files.zip I have Windows 8.1 and a Toshiba laptop.  I don't have anything named Astrill on my laptop.

Hey Charles, Please start a new thread for your problem. Read Dave's post above and post any Logos errors you find in the Event Viewer to your new thread.

Posts 132
NK | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 5:35 PM

Spotted the asproxy64 entry there as well and should've thought of that, but in the past I've used the application with Logos without incident.  At present, it's not an essential program, so I tossed it.  For good measure I sfc /scannow 'ed and discovered some issues under the hood of windows and DISM  - restorehealth 'ed.  It appears Astrill was the culprit though.  Any reason why it and Logos don't play nice together?

Thanks for the great suggestions everyone.  I'm better equipped to diagnose the next issue.

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 5:46 PM

NK:
It appears Astrill was the culprit though.  Any reason why it and Logos don't play nice together?

I suppose it might have been to strong to say incompatible. It may be that it needs to be reconfigured to allow Logos to function normally. I'm afraid I'm not well versed in network or vpn configuration, so someone else might be able to offer better advice on determining if and how they can work together.

Posts 14
Charles Arriola | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 6:52 PM

I started a new thread, I'm new to all this so I apologize if I messed up

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/96561/665334.aspx#665334

Posts 27235
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 2:39 AM

Charles Arriola:
I'm new to all this so I apologize if I messed up

We appreciate your apology, because it takes a little while to know forum etiquette

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS