Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2834
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 14 2010 10:38 AM
Can we have more of D. A. Carson books in Logos Please? Thanks

Ted     
  1. An Introduction to the New Testament by D. A. Carson and Douglas J. Moo
  2. From Sabbath to Lord's Day: A Biblical, Historical and Theological Investigation by D. A. Carson
  3. King James Version Debate, The: A Plea for Realism by D. Carson
  4. The Inclusive-Language Debate: A Plea for Realism by D. A. Carson
  5. Jesus' Sermon on the Mount and His Confrontation with the World: An Exposition of Matthew 5-10 by D. A. Carson
  6. Telling the Truth by D. A. Carson
  7. Cross and Christian Ministry, The: Leadership Lessons from 1 Corinthians by D. A. Carson
  8. Gagging of God, The by D. A. Carson
  9. Divine Sovereignty and Human Responsibility: Biblical Perspective in Tension by D. A. Carson
  10. A Model of Christian Maturity: An Exposition of 2 Corinthians 10-13 by D. A. Carson
  11. Hermeneutics, Authority, and Canon by D. A. Carson and John D. Woodbridge
  12. The Intolerance of Tolerance by D. A. Carson
  13. Challenge of Bible Translation, The by Kenneth L. Barker, D. A. Carson, Charles H. Cosgrove, and Kent Eaton
  14. Justification and Variegated Nomism, vol. 2: The Paradoxes of Paul (Justification and Variegated Nomism) by D. A. Carson, Peter T. OBrien, and Mark A. Seifrid
  15. Justification and Variegated Nomism, vol. 1: The Complexities of Second Temple Judaism (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen Zum Neuen Testament. 2. Reihe. 140) by D. A. Carson, Peter T. OBrien, and Mark A. Seifrid
  16. The farewell discourse and final prayer of Jesus: An exposition of John 14-17
  17. Jesus and His Friends (Biblical Classics Library) by D.A. Carson
  18. Christ and Culture Revisited by D. A. Carson
  19. Becoming Conversant with the Emerging Church: Understanding a Movement and Its Implications by D. A. Carson
  20. Memoirs of an Ordinary Pastor: The Life and Reflections of Tom Carson by D. A. Carson
  21. Love in Hard Places by D. A. Carson
  22. Worship by the Book by Rev. Mark Ashton, R. Kent Hughes, Timothy J. Keller, and D. A. Carson
  23. Letters Along the Way: A Novel of the Christian Life by D. A. Carson and John D. Woodbridge
  24. Scandalous: The Cross and Resurrection of Jesus (RE: Lit) by D. A. Carson
  25. What Is the Gospel? (Ixmarks) by Greg Gilbert and D. A. Carson
  26. Evangelicalism: What it is and is it worth keeping?

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 7:18 PM

YesYesYes please!  I am a fan of D. A. Carson's.

Posts 35
Monty | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 3:45 PM

D A Carson is worthy of LOGOS.   Bring him and his works into the fold! 

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 3:48 PM

+1 Yes

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 1 2010 3:49 PM

How about:

27. Exegetical Fallacies

?

Posts 5620
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 1 2010 3:51 PM

Ron Keyston Jr:

How about:

27. Exegetical Fallacies

?

It's in here: http://www.logos.com/products/details/2812

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2010 6:59 AM

Todd Phillips:

Ron Keyston Jr:

How about:

27. Exegetical Fallacies

?

It's in here: http://www.logos.com/products/details/2812

Oh cool!  I had searched for it a couple of days ago after seeing it referenced in a book I was reading...but couldn't find it.  Thanks!

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2010 11:10 AM

YesYes

Posts 5620
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2010 11:12 AM

Thumbs up to all. 

Though I think this one should have made the first round of Zondervan releases:

Ted Hans:

And these should be prioritized as well, for the discussion on 2nd Temple Judaism and Paul:

Ted Hans:

• Justification and Variegated Nomism, vol. 2: The Paradoxes of Paul (Justification and Variegated Nomism) by D. A. Carson, Peter T. OBrien, and Mark A. Seifrid
  • Justification and Variegated Nomism, vol. 1: The Complexities of Second Temple Judaism (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen Zum Neuen Testament. 2. Reihe. 140) by D. A. Carson, Peter T. OBrien, and Mark A. Seifrid
  •  

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 6
    Nathan Lentfer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2010 12:08 PM

You can also find a few books edited by Carson here:

http://www.logos.com/products/details/2069

Posts 390
    Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2010 12:48 PM

Ted Hans:
    Can we have more of D. A. Carson books in Logos Please? Thanks

Ted     

2. From Sabbath to Lord's Day: A Biblical, Historical and Theological Investigation by D. A. Carson
    3. Jesus' Sermon on the Mount and His Confrontation with the World: An Exposition of Matthew 5-10 by D. A. Carson
    4. Cross and Christian Ministry, The: Leadership Lessons from 1 Corinthians by D. A. Carson
    5. A Model of Christian Maturity: An Exposition of 2 Corinthians 10-13 by D. A. Carson
    6. Justification and Variegated Nomism, vol. 2: The Paradoxes of Paul (Justification and Variegated Nomism) by D. A. Carson, Peter T. OBrien, and Mark A. Seifrid
    7. Justification and Variegated Nomism, vol. 1: The Complexities of Second Temple Judaism (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen Zum Neuen Testament. 2. Reihe. 140) by D. A. Carson, Peter T. OBrien, and Mark A. Seifrid
    8. The farewell discourse and final prayer of Jesus: An exposition of John 14-17
    9. Worship by the Book by Rev. Mark Ashton, R. Kent Hughes, Timothy J. Keller, and D. A. Carson

Ted,

Now you are talking !

However, one would have to rob a bank (of the church's coffers) to purchase all the books you have been suggesting, a course of action that might defeat the very purpose of buying the books in the first place Angel

Alain

Posts 338
    Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2010 1:55 PM

Todd Phillips:
    And these should be prioritized as well, for the discussion on 2nd Temple Judaism:

Yesx3... They should have been included in that new Prepub!!! and then discounted by 75% (the only way I'll afford them). Hopefully once they get into the mix as new collections, they will break them apart as individual books.

Posts 2983
    Forum MVP
    Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2010 2:15 PM

More D.A. Carson would be nice. I like these suggestions. I'd love to order a D.A. Carson Collection

Jacob Hantla
    Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
    gbcaz.org

Posts 205
    Stephen Paynter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 10 2010 7:56 AM

I can only echo these sentiments! More D.A. Carson, and free some of the existing stuff from the collections that they are stuck in.

Todd Phillips:

And these should be prioritized as well, for the discussion on 2nd Temple Judaism and Paul:

Ted Hans:

• Justification and Variegated Nomism, vol. 2: The Paradoxes of Paul (Justification and Variegated Nomism) by D. A. Carson, Peter T. OBrien, and Mark A. Seifrid
  • Justification and Variegated Nomism, vol. 1: The Complexities of Second Temple Judaism (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen Zum Neuen Testament. 2. Reihe. 140) by D. A. Carson, Peter T. OBrien, and Mark A. Seifrid
  •  

Agreed. these are especially needed, as the New Perspective debate is so important for the future health of the church:

Posts 36
    David Strawn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 7:08 AM

I'm a big D.A. Carson fan. Let's get more of his stuff here.

Posts 129
    ton verdam | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 7:30 AM

I support, the request... More solid bible inerrant teaching in line of Carson...

and... how about buying individual books that are part of a commentary? instead of buying the whole series? This is not possible with all series..., please... give us the freedom of choice to buy individual books from different series...

Posts 855
    Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 18 2010 8:51 AM
    Ted Hans:

• ---------------------------------------------------
  • Yes!!!!!!!! Big Smile

Posts 8967
    RIP
    Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 18 2010 10:03 AM

NathanLentfer:

You can also find a few books edited by Carson here:

Also some 200 articles written by Carson are included in Themelios (99 issues) http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/5121 currently in Pre-Pub.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 205
    Stephen Paynter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 18 2010 12:53 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Also some 200 articles written by Carson are included in Themelios (99 issues) http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/5121 currently in Pre-Pub.

I think this is a major overstatement. The page referenced contains a listing of the papers in the different issues of this journal. I counted only three by D.A. Carson.

Not that this in any way diminishes the value of this excellent resource.

Posts 8967
    RIP
    Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 18 2010 1:14 PM

My Apologies.

When I searched the Gospel Coalition Website it gave me 200 hits on D.A. Carson. But since I did not limit the search to Themelios I got hits from every resource on their website. You are correct, it is a major overstatement. I did notice a few articles written by a Marion Carson. Any relation to D.A.?

Anyhow. Everybody can pass on the Themelios Pre-Pub unless you like stuff D.A. Carson edited. Big Smile

Lot's of editorials by Carson.........

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS