Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 35 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 12
Donna Groskopf | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 22 2014 11:47 AM

i was working with my favorite Bible on my iPad this morning, laid it down to cook dinner, went back to using it, and now all I get are errors messages saying it can't be found. In fact, most oF my library on my iPad and iPhone are gone now. Any else having this problem?

Posts 42
Patrick Tye | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 6:00 PM

Yes!

Posts 2
Dustin Mills | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 6:03 PM

I'm having this same issue. I have an iPhone 5 with iOS 8.1.1.

Posts 24
depdad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 6:06 PM

I'm getting the same thing. 

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 6:07 PM

This is extremely troubling. Downloaded should mean "Downloaded" not kinda there at the whim of the mother ship. Still 69 resources only none of which I "downloaded." This is my first whiff of distrust.

Posts 118
Michael Fordham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 6:33 PM

I am having the same problem. I see the site is down but would not have expected that to prevent me from reading my "downloaded" books. It would be nice to know why...?

Posts 27944
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 8:52 PM

If y'all are having troubles with downloaded resources, I am unsure why. If they truly are downloaded and for some reason a connection to Logos is preventing you from opening them, going into airplane mode should fix that problem. I am not having this difficulty. 

If y'all are having troubles with resources "in the cloud," Logos is having difficulties today. See the general forum for an explanation. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 118
Michael Fordham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 12:18 AM

alabama24:
If they truly are downloaded and for some reason a connection to Logos is preventing you from opening them, going into airplane mode should fix that problem.

Then I guess that they are not truly downloaded. Airplane mode does not fix the problem and it seems that there are many people who are suffering with this.

I understand that the Logos Datacentre has had hardware failures, but once the dust has settled, it would be nice if Logos addressed this problem.  Surely the best solution would be for our "downloaded" resources to be truly downloaded as with Kindle.

Posts 69
Nick Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 12:36 AM

i'm having the same problem. Is it something to do with a corruption of the licence information stored in the app?

Posts 3
Ben Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 12:52 AM

Me too ! Indifferent

700+ resources that were local are showing up on my pad are now AWOL.

I have only five resources ... and I do not know why these 5: ESV KJV NKJV LEB 'Gospel Coalition Foundation'

I wonder if this is related to the latest logos.com failure. The whole point is that local resources should not be affected by a lack of internet ... I use my pad in an internet free zone much of the time. I wonder if, when connected to the internet, there is something in the connection protocols that Logos is using to validate my library (for updates perhaps). This is a sore point since it has failed before ... and lost local resources. BUG: Failure to connect/validate should not cause the app to crash, and data to be lost!!!

I suppose that I am not going to have to spend 3/4 days downloading the resources again. I do not know why it takes so long. it is not the connection speed, it is not iPad itself ... it is the speed that either Logos serves the data, or more likely, the speed that the iOS app processes it. BUG: Speed of resource download.

Having lost so many resources ... Logos is still showing a storage space of 7.7Gb according to the iPad settings. I have given Logos several restarts, and where it is no longer shouting about missing resources, it has not released the storage either. Look like another uninstall/reinstall.

Logos, this simply should not happen.

</rant> Embarrassed

BTW. When Logos.com went down, I had jus logged out, and logged in as my son, so that I could buy him a resource (his twin was going to be next).

I have just previewed this post and it seems to be using his name. I did not log out of the Forums, only .com. I take it that this is the same bug that requires us to log into Faithlife. Is there a way to stop this single log in/out?

Posts 118
Michael Fordham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 1:09 AM

Ben Folley:

I wonder if this is related to the latest logos.com failure.

I believe the problem is related.

Ben Folley:

The whole point is that local resources should not be affected by a lack of internet...

It was not the lack of internet, but the failure of the datacentre.  As you say, the Bible App must check with Logos, but I agree, it should not lose locally downloaded resources.

Ben Folley:

I suppose that I am not going to have to spend 3/4 days downloading the resources again.

Ben Folley:

Look like another uninstall/reinstall.

I don't expect to have to download resources again and I certainly would not advise you to uninstall/reinstall the App.  Wait until Logos have their network back up and running and I am quite sure that things will return to normal.  This problem will need to be addressed though.

Blessings,

Michael

Posts 80
LogosEmployee
Jim Straatman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 1:19 AM

The mobile apps stream resources from our servers, which are currently experiencing significantly degraded availability. You can follow progress toward resolution at the following thread.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/96616.aspx 

Posts 22206
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 2:23 AM

alabama24:

If y'all are having troubles with downloaded resources, I am unsure why. If they truly are downloaded and for some reason a connection to Logos is preventing you from opening them, going into airplane mode should fix that problem. I am not having this difficulty.  

At one stage during the night I could only see 6 resources on my ipad, then I changed to 67

I have just opened the app, gone into the homepage, and back to the library and it started updating library information so I can now see all my resources  again.

But I currently only see 7 as downloaded whereas I thought i had a couple of hundred. This has now gone up to 140 as it sorts out indices

Posts 296
Bruce Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 6:21 AM

On my ipad which is running the latest production release, I also see a messed up library. I had a downloaded collection of a few hundred resources and this morning only see about 6 resources available to reference.  I restarted the app and the library started rebuilding so now I see all the resources, but none are downloaded. 

After a few seconds I see that resources are downloading and I check that those resources that were downloaded are in a status of "downloading".  It looks like all the resources were deleted as I gained space on the ipad.  So now I have a queue of resources being downloaded. 

This did not occur on the iphone.  The only difference is that the iphone has the latest beta version of the app.  ( I had to remove the beta from the ipad as it wouldn't update after the release of ios 8). 

Very strange behavior that I assume is related to the server issue.  Not sure what the technical explanation is.  So I wait for the resources to come back down.

Posts 3
Ben Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 11:34 AM

My iPad gave me this error message later on ...

I am guessing that for some reason, the iOS app is checking licensing at startup ... and not behaving appropriately if cannot find the license server ... making the assumption that I have illegal resources instead!

I cannot see how this is possible, since I can only download resources through my Logos account, so this secondary check seems to be a little pointless ... either way, it does not seem to have been implemented robustly.

Posts 3
Ben Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 11:43 AM

With my iPod, I  decided not to use logos until I knew wifi was off ... and I was out of range ... and all behaved normally.

I do not know to what extent the relevant parts of the logos servers are back up now, but I have just switched on my iPad and the library seems to be showing all the resources that should be there. Using the local: modifier, all looks good EXCEPT that other than the 6 resources mentioned earlier, the i icons are white (not on the iPad) even though the local: filter suggests they are. My Logos 'Usage' is at 7.8Gb. That is, the iPad says they are there, the filter also, but the icon colours say otherwise. 

Turning off wifi and restarting Logos shows about 50 resources now on my pad. ... I suspect I am now into the game of download prodding and status guessing.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 11:57 AM

Jim Straatman:

The mobile apps stream resources from our servers, which are currently experiencing significantly degraded availability.

The problem isn't streamed resources.  Rather, as others have said, for some reason the iOS app decided to delete all locally downloaded resources when it received an error from the server.  This points to a bug in the app that was activated by the server failure status.

I'm running the latest beta and had the problem.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 27944
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 2:36 PM

Kevin - why is this affecting downloadEd resources?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 6:30 PM

Those of you who lost downloaded books, are they coming back for you? At one point I had only 8, now I have 14, which is still a lot less than I had before but something seems to be happening Yes

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS