Let's not forget

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2848
mab | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 23 2014 10:46 AM

There's probably a whole bunch of folks at Logos who are working a lot of extra hours trying to get Logos up and running again. Missed meals, church time, family time, all for us. After the giant onslaught of Logos 6.

Pray for them. Run Logos offline. And your print Bible never has an outage. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 9815
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 10:49 AM

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 792
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 12:18 PM

How do you run Logos offline?

Posts 171
Daniel NM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 12:56 PM

mab:

There's probably a whole bunch of folks at Logos who are working a lot of extra hours trying to get Logos up and running again. Missed meals, church time, family time, all for us. After the giant onslaught of Logos 6.

YesYes

Hold down the CTRL key while you start Logos desktop.

<!-- -->

Posts 792
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 1:48 PM

Daniel NM:

mab:

YesYes

Hold down the CTRL key while you start Logos desktop.

Thanks for the info. God bless you always!

Posts 3
Hall Harris | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 1:57 PM

Amen to that! Kudos to all the folks at Logos who are doing everything they can to get back up and running ASAP.

I think a lot of people still don't realize this was an unintended catastrophe (perhaps that Server Maintenance page with the sad sheep should be replaced by a page with an asteroid crashing into their server facility -- in other words, some more apocalyptic imagery might be in order).

Posts 1085
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 2:31 PM

Hall Harris:
I think a lot of people still don't realize this was an unintended catastrophe (perhaps that Server Maintenance page with the sad sheep should be replaced by a page with an asteroid crashing into their server facility -- in other words, some more apocalyptic imagery might be in order).
Yes

Posts 2848
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 7:20 PM

I forgot why I started this thread. When I pushed the Post button, I suddenly remembered the years I spent in IT. Fixing lousy code (some of it mine--but a lot of it wasn't) Late nights, lost weekends (not the booze-induced kind--that would have seemed more pleasant), too much caffeine and a diet of vending machine food. 

IT people are often the closest thing to slaves chained to their oars. All for making it easy for us.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 7:21 PM

Yes

Posts 792
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 9:51 PM

mab:

I forgot why I started this thread. When I pushed the Post button, I suddenly remembered the years I spent in IT. Fixing lousy code (some of it mine--but a lot of it wasn't) Late nights, lost weekends (not the booze-induced kind--that would have seemed more pleasant), too much caffeine and a diet of vending machine food. 

IT people are often the closest thing to slaves chained to their oars. All for making it easy for us.

I think we need to appreciate IT people more and thank God for their talents for making life a little easier for us computer nuts!

Posts 2848
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 10:14 PM

James Hiddle:
I think we need to appreciate IT people more and thank God for their talents for making life a little easier for us computer nuts!

Exactly right. It's a real treadmill too, because the tech advances make it hard to keep up with everything. 

Posts 6779
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 12:47 AM

mab:

Hear, Hear.Left Hug

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 838
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 8:37 AM

mab:

And your print Bible never has an outage. 

The grass withers, the flower fades, the Cloud fails,

But the word of our God stands forever.

JRS has left the building.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS