Installing Logos Bible Atlas in Windows 7

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 28
Bayard Bastedo | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 25 2014 9:50 AM

Is it possible to use Logos Bible Atlas in Windows 7? How might I install it?

Posts 24295
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 10:18 AM

Bayard Bastedo:
Is it possible to use Logos Bible Atlas in Windows 7? How might I install it?

Do you mean the Atlas capability in Logos 6 or something different?

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 10:19 AM

My brain is slow this AM.  LBA is copyrighted 1994.  I think that's 16bit (right before Win95).  So, it depends on which W7 you have.  32 or 64?

Also, just looking at it, vs Libronix (a decade later), LBA only gets fancy on the 3D plug-in (here, my brain again is slow ... that would be early ActiveX I think).  Else it used standard MS visual tools.

The other issue is it used a standard root directory 'PROGRAM' for temp-data.  XP had a heart-attack with that and W7's worse.  But by deleting the PROGRAM directory after each run, it works in XP (where I run it in a virtual box along with Libronix, etc).

Keep in mind 'PROGRAM' is right next to 'Program Files', so if you miss, you're toast.

Hopefully someone else has actual W7/LBA in use.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 260
Pastor Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 5:40 PM

As long as your Windows 7 is 32 bit you can load it. I had to go in and change the files in the Compatibility Mode section to XP and it worked fine. I just got a Windows 8.1 64 bit and it will not load. Sad. I still think it is better than the new Atlas in Logos 6.

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 7:28 PM

Standard Bible Atlas

Can be installed... Logos 6 Bible Atlas requires Faithlife servers to works and cannot be installed onto your computer. There are several other Bible Atlas's that can be purchased and installed.

-Dan

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 7:30 PM

Sorry 

Logos Deluxe Map Set is still available for sale, I missed it.

-Dan

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 7:50 PM

Thanks for the links Dan. God Bless you always!

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 1:38 PM

I think he's referring to the old "Logos Bible Atlas" 16 Bit app someone alluded to. It would run under Windows 7 32 Bit (albeit buggy). It won't run under Windows 7 64 Bit.

The links Dan posted are some good map sets for Logos. Also, the L6 base packages have some great map sets, as well as Logos is re-introducing the Atlas in L6 (well building a whole new Atlas actually). It's off to a good start, and it's sure to get better as the content innovation team plugs along.

The only thing I haven't found in Logos is a 3D Bible Atlas yet (the Logos team could add it to the L6 Atlas later). For those times, I've resorted to using Accordance's Bible Atlas. It's a bit more mature than the L6 Atlas in terms of 3D and map choices, but the L6 Atlas also has a clean, "modern" look as well, so I intend to use both interchangeably depending on what I'm looking up.

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 2:00 PM

Nathan Parker:
I think he's referring to the old "Logos Bible Atlas" 16 Bit app someone alluded to. It would run under Windows 7 32 Bit (albeit buggy). It won't run under Windows 7 64 Bit.

Ah ok... I was not aware of that old application. Thanks for letting me know more about it.

-Dan

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 9:28 PM

Dan Francis:

Nathan Parker:

Ah ok... I was not aware of that old application. Thanks for letting me know more about it.

-Dan

I've personally never used it myself, but I heard about it. It, Lesson Builder, and Bible Clips were the three Logos "oldies but goodies". Bible Clips was the only one I got to use for a while.

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS