Graphical Query Editor

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 69
Sean Lillis | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 25 2014 10:44 AM

I remember when Logos once had a graphical query editor, similar to Accordance and BibleWorks, that allowed me to search grammatical constructions in a fairly intuitive and visual fashion. I believe it was removed with the release of Logos 5, but was just curious if there is any chance that it or something like it might be in the works? I realize that I can construct grammatical searches from regular search tool, but the visual editor was easier and, well, visual.

(This was originally posted in "General" but it was suggested I post it here."

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 10:56 AM

Yes

Posts 468
BKMitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 8 2014 3:14 PM

Smile

חַפְּשׂוּ בַּתּוֹרָה הֵיטֵב וְאַל תִּסְתַּמְּכוּ עַל דְּבָרַי

Posts 19216
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 8 2014 3:25 PM

I'm not very familiar with Syntax search in Logos 4 and beyond, but it is graphical/visual, and isn't it meant to be a more powerful and intuitive replacement for the old Graphical Query Editor? (Which I think was never brought over from Logos 3 to Logos 4 with the engine rewrite).

Here's a thread that talks about how to construct Syntax searches for what used to be done in the GQE:

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/24309.aspx 

I'm sure others more familiar with Syntax search will be able to provide more help.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 8 2014 7:59 PM

The old GQE in Logos 3 (it never was brought over to 4 and up) was EXTREMELY difficult to learn and use. I'm glad that particular version hasn't been brought over. If Logos "brings it back", re-writing it to either make it similar to Accordance's Graphical Construct tool, or some other simple yet powerful tool, would be great.

I'd love to see "Graphical Searching" come back to Logos. I just don't want Logos 3 GFE to be it. :-)

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 19216
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 8 2014 8:09 PM

Nathan Parker:
I'd love to see "Graphical Searching" come back to Logos.

Please, can someone help me understand. Isn't Syntax Search a more intuitive graphical replacement for the graphical query editor?

Interestingly, here's an old old post (five years old) from Bob Pritchett in which he hints that something like the old graphical query or something newer and better will be on its way soon. What was that? It must be done by now. Wasn't it Syntax Search?

Bob Pritchett:

At ETS we got to talk to a graphical query user in person, who made a compelling case for some improvements in our non-syntax morph searching. We'll work on improving this soon, though I can't yet say if it'll be the old graphical query or something newer (and better!).

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS