Page 2 of 5 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 88 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 87
Randle Bond | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 7:07 PM

Well - this is the tool they've given us to voice our opinion. I just created a suggestion

https://logosmobile.uservoice.com/forums/190765-logos-mobile-apps/suggestions/6804981-support-e-ink-for-android-ereader

Posts 32
Frank H | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 10 2014 8:40 AM

I'm happy to see conversations about this here, and I also hope that faithlife begins to notice ereaders as a viable option.  I'm also a Onyx Boox T68 owner, but I'm disappointed with the quality of the device.  I guess that's the price of being an early adopter. 

When I upgrade to Logos 6, I will try the send-to-kindle feature, but I like having the ability to highlight and put notes in Logos from the ereader.

Posts 87
Randle Bond | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 10 2014 1:05 PM
Frank H:
I'm disappointed with the quality of the device.  I guess that's the price of being an early adopter. 
I think I'd be happier if they had a more accurate touch screen and more application space. Overall I'm happy it serves the purpose. What would you like to see improved?
Frank H:
but I like having the ability to highlight and put notes in Logos from the ereader.
Me too. I can't be bothered with the inefficiency of having my highlights in another place where they are less useful!
Posts 32
Frank H | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 10 2014 1:37 PM

Randle Bond:
What would you like to see improved?

I have many of the same problems that people have in the Amazon reviews here

Posts 39
Pastor Scamman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 16 2014 4:00 PM

Kevin,

Are you aware of any solution for those of us that need to roll back to the previous version in order to have functional e-readers again?

Thanks!

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 16 2014 4:36 PM

Evan Scamman:

Kevin,

Are you aware of any solution for those of us that need to roll back to the previous version in order to have functional e-readers again?

Thanks!

Since the Faithlife 4.4.x Android apps require Android 4.0 *and* hardware accelerated graphics (which E-Ink devices might not have), we're looking into creating a download site for version 4.3.9 of the apps.  

Note that newer features implemented in future versions of Logos Desktop and/or the mobile apps will *not* be implemented in 4.3.9.

Posts 408
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 4:12 AM

For those who may be thinking of buying an e-ink device to use with Faithlife apps, let me point out that the Boyue T62 works just fine with 4.4.6 and gives a better overall user experience than the Onyx T68. The Boyue is smaller (6 in. display) but it has more room for apps and data and, with a little tweaking, very good battery life.  It also costs less than the T68.  Onyx now offers the AfterGlow 2, which has similar specs to the T62. 

I wonder if there is any way to know what percentage of Faithlife customers use e-ink devices. Whatever the percentage may be, I hope that Faithlife can keep us in mind. Yes, the send to Kindle feature is great for reading Faithlife resources on a Kindle device. But that's not as satisfying as being able to work with resources from within a Faithlife app!

Posts 15
Nit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 21 2014 5:03 PM

Please alert us when the download site is ready.  Thanks!Yes

Posts 408
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 26 2014 3:54 PM

I have uploaded my Verbum 4.3.9 apk to my Dropbox site. I don't know if it's legit to paste a link here. If it is, I'll do so.  

Posts 39
Pastor Scamman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 26 2014 10:50 PM

Mark,

Thanks for uploading the file. Perhaps you could email me the link?

My email is escamman at iCloud dot com.

Thanks!

Posts 329
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 4 2015 2:19 PM

Anyone know if the newer Onyx BOOX Afterglow 2 can handle the newer Logos Android release without showing a black screen?  Thanks!

Posts 87
Randle Bond | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 4 2015 5:20 PM
Yep, I'm using the afterglow 2 and loving it!
Posts 87
Randle Bond | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 4 2015 5:22 PM
No black screen issues and I believe it is now available on Amazon. Check out my review here https://community.logos.com/forums/p/97340/671222.aspx#671222
Posts 329
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 4 2015 5:52 PM

Randle... Thanks much!

Posts 15
Nit | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 23 2015 10:50 PM

Kevin Byford:

Evan Scamman:

Kevin,

Thanks!

Since the Faithlife 4.4.x Android apps require Android 4.0 *and* hardware accelerated graphics (which E-Ink devices might not have), we're looking into creating a download site for version 4.3.9 of the apps.  

Note that newer features implemented in future versions of Logos Desktop and/or the mobile apps will *not* be implemented in 4.3.9.

Kevin

Shall I wait for this download site?   I've got my eink reader mainly for the Bible softwares, though OliveTree & CBD reader still can be used in my eink device, portion of my books(around 3800) are in Logos, do hope that Logos can be use on it.

Blessings,

Nit

Posts 977
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 26 2015 9:21 AM

Bible 4.3.9 is available for direct download at http://downloads.logos.com/Android/Logos/stable/Logos-287.apk.

Posts 15
Nit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 26 2015 4:56 PM

Many Thanks Dave.  Glad to get back my Logos on the e ink device.Big Smile

Nit

Posts 556
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 26 2015 5:55 PM

Will this work on a kindle paper white? if so, how? 

Posts 408
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 26 2015 6:46 PM

No, this is an Android app that runs on the Android operating system.  The Kindle PW uses a different operating system. The closest you can come, if you have Logos 6 on your desktop or laptop, is that you can send individual resources to your Kindle to read them there.  

Posts 212
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 12:07 AM

Today I was trying to open one of my commentaries, Baker Exegetical Commentary on Acts, to find out that my T68 with Logos app 4.3.9 won't display this commentary.

Does this mean I'll have to buy another e-reader to keep reading my books/commentaries?
If so, do you have some suggestions for e-readers supporting the new Logos for Android app?

Page 2 of 5 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS