Page 4 of 5 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 88 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 17
Ryan Lanning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2016 11:09 PM

Hello! Have you got the logos app working on the i86 by now?

Does an older version at least work?

Posts 17
Ryan Lanning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2016 3:01 AM

Hello! I have an i86 too.

Did Logos ever get back with you?

Did you find a hardware acceleration option or were you able to fix the problem?

Now I'm just running an old version of logos which isn't too bad, as you know some books just don't work.

Posts 129
Matt Zimmerman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2016 2:20 PM

I bought an Icarus illumina XL which is an 8" e-ink reader running android. I loaded Logos and it works AWESOME! The only think from making this a flawless experience is some kind of bold font feature. I like the font that Logos uses but it's a little "light" on my e-ink device. I took some screenshots to show you what I mean. In the illumina device there is a built-in dictionary. The font is nice is dark; looks great. But in logos the font is light could be easier on the eyes if it was darker.

As you can see below, the heading "A Basket of Ripe Fruit" looks really nice, but the text itself is not "ideal". I think if I had a way to make it bold that might solve the issue.

Posts 68
vandevsr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2016 10:23 AM

Matt, I've had my eyes on that device. Of the reviews, the most common complaint has to do with poor screen resolution. I like to shrink the font down pretty small.  How well does it work?

Posts 129
Matt Zimmerman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2016 10:27 AM

vandevsr:

Matt, I've had my eyes on that device. Of the reviews, the most common complaint has to do with poor screen resolution. I like to shrink the font down pretty small.  How well does it work?

It might not be for you then. The image you see is the smallest I go while still being pleasant to read. On my iPhone I go a lot smaller because it has good resolution.

Posts 7
Andley Chang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 1:28 AM

Thanks for the link. I just bought an Onyx N96ML, and the screen blacks out with Bible 5.2.1. But with Bible 4.3.9, everything works perfectly so far.

Thanks again !

Posts 2278
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 1:32 AM

Be careful there. New resources don't load on Bible 4.3.9.

Try this month's Spanish free book for example.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 4
Aaron Burt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 1:26 PM

Hi, Matt. Thanks for the images. I'm considering this same device. A few months into your experience, would you still recommend it? I'd take the plunge if I knew I could easily return it, but you can't exactly buy it from Best Buy (or even Amazon)... I'd appreciate your most current thoughts for the sake of a fellow Logos user hoping to read from an eye-relieving e-ink screen!

Posts 129
Matt Zimmerman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 1:42 PM

I would recommend it so long as it fits what you need. I have found it doesn't work for me for several reasons. I don't like how slow it is in jumping between resources via passage guide. To go from one resource to another might take a good 10 seconds whereas it's virtually instant on an iPad. Also, the iPad has such a high DPI that it's actually quite pleasing on the eyes, especially now with the night mode feature (feature of ios) or the black mode feature (feature of logos). If I want to read my Bible, and just my Bible though, I'll either use my paper Bible or my Kindle Paperwhite. These work just fine and the Paperwhite has a much better screen and is much faster than the Icarus. But the benefit of these e-ink devices is that browsing the internet on them is a total chore so it's much harder to get "distracted" when you intend to set aside some Bible time whereas on an iPad you can start reading, look something up, say oh wow let me wikipedia that, and then you're looking at power drills or chainsaws somehow.

Stick out tongue

With all of that said, I think the Icarus might work for you if:

1) You want more than just a Bible (i.e., kindle) and need some Logos resources;

2) You really suffer from eye-strain and even an iPad won't cut it and/or you want to read Logos stuff outside; and

3) You don't mind waiting a few more seconds for various resources to load.

If you want mine, PM me and maybe we can work something out lol.

Posts 4
Aaron Burt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 2:16 PM

Very helpful information. Thank you!

Posts 4
Aaron Burt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 2:23 PM

Hmm... I'm don't usually struggle with social media, but I can't figure out how to PM you. I can see your profile, but there's no option on it to message you. I can go to my profile and start a message, but I can't add you to the "to" field, nor will it find you if I search you. Um, could you message me??

Posts 129
Matt Zimmerman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 2:29 PM

It doesn't look like there is a PM field. Just email me at mezimm at gmail dot com.

Posts 2
Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 12:28 PM

From what I have read on this forum every E-reader that supports the newer version of Logos comes equipped with the A9 dual core processor while those that do not feature the A9 Single core processor.

Posts 2
Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 12:42 PM

Can anyone confirm if the Onyx Boox C67ML or other dual core E-reader works with the newest version of Logos (5.4.5 I believe)?

Posts 4
Aaron Burt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 29 2016 11:02 AM

I'm not sure about that, but in case this is helpful information: I use the Icarus Illumina, and it works great. There are pluses and minuses to it as a device, but the Logos Android App runs fine on it.

Posts 9
Taylor Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2016 5:43 AM

I have the inkBook Obsidian, which is a polish version of one of the boyue Ereaders (not sure which one). It runs "Android 4.2 on a 1GHz dual-core CPU with 512MB RAM. The 6" screen has a resolution of 1024 x 758, for 212 ppi, topped by a frontlight and capacitive touchscreen. Under the hood you'll find 8GB storage, a microSD card slot, and Wifi" 

I sideloaded Logos 5.5.5, and it runs great. I started with the 4.5.6 (because it was the first Apk I found) and ran that for a month, no problems. Then I sideloaded 5.5.5 and have been running that for two weeks no problems. 

I find this to be a very satisfactory setup. It has page turn buttons on the sides of the device that don't work with Logos, but I am fine tapping the screen to turn the page. All in all I would highly recommend this device. You can get it on amazon Prime for $120, and it is realtively easy to sideload apps (no root necessary). Hope this helps. 

Posts 109
Gavin Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 6 2016 12:42 PM

Hey Taylor, 

Are you still liking the inkBook Obsidian?

Posts 408
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 6:26 PM

Walker:

Can anyone confirm if the Onyx Boox C67ML or other dual core E-reader works with the newest version of Logos (5.4.5 I believe)?

I just received an Onyx Boox C67ML Carta 2 device. This device has 300dpi. The latest version of Logos/Verbum (5.6.2) works just fine on it. If you get any C67ML device, be aware that the user app partition is only 350MB. (You have over 6GB for data, and the device will accept microSD cards.) Once Play Store and Play Services are set up and have updated, that leaves you with maybe 150MB of space to install apps. Install Logos/Verbum first. You may get a message from Play Store saying that you lack enough storage space to install the app. In that case, you'll need to get the apk from another device, and then you can sideload it onto the C67ML.  Then install any other apps you want - but you won't have room for many! I suggest that you get the C67ML only if you intend to use it for Logos/Verbum and eBooks and not much else. I have Verbum, iBreviary and Moon Reader installed, and I have maybe 65MB of space left. I moved any part of each app that I could to the internal sd card to gain a little more space. I haven't rooted my device; I see little point in doing so.  

Any e-ink device will run Logos/Verbum a little more slowly than most current Android tablets will, but you have the eye-friendly advantages of e-ink. 

Posts 13342
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2016 2:06 AM

Support for Android 4.3 and below will end on February 1, 2017. This will affect a lot of e-ink e-readers.

Page 4 of 5 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS