Verbum 6 constantly downloading

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 22
Scott W Fischer | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 4 2014 5:09 AM

I upgraded from Verbum 5 to Verbum 6 Basic on November 29.  Since then, I've gone through a constant cycle of Downloading xx mb of updates.  The downloads have varied in size anywhere from ~200mb, to 1.17gb.  They never seem to complete and appear to restart downloading frequently (I'll see download percentages anywhere from 6 to 92% complete, and then all of a sudden I look again and the percentage is down to 0 or some lower number again).  I'll also see the size of the download magically change, say from 288mb to 465mb.  There have been a very few couple of times where on restart, Verbum does add in a VERY small number of resources (1, 3, 6)

Yesterday I upgrade to Verbum 6.0a SR-1 (6.0.1.1317) (Mac OS X 10.10.1) hoping that might help things along.  Since then I keep seeing the 288mb download start, restart and never seem to complete, and certainly no new resources added to my library. Everything else seems to be working, but I'm just not getting new content.  The most frustrating is when I see 92% complete download and then a few minutes later it's back at 0%.  I just can't tell what's going on.

Any suggestions?

Posts 4820
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 9:44 AM

Hi Scott

Some Mac users have been having quite a problem with the big downloads that upgrading to 6 necessitated.

There is a hack that has been promulgated that you can type into Terminal.

If you can take the risk you might like to try the latest Beta. All the usual warnings apply and you will have to stay on the Beta cycle until the current iteration goes mainstream.

You might though get a working copy of Logos. I use the Beta on my iMac and it is very stable. (but who knows horrors  Beta 2 might include).

Caveat Emptor

Posts 22
Scott W Fischer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 11:47 PM

I'd be interested more in the Terminal hack than beta; do you have a link?

-swf

Posts 25864
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 11:52 PM

The middle option is the one you want.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 22
Scott W Fischer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 12:38 AM

That seems to have done it.  One quick defaults setting and a 452mb download completed and installed very quickly!!

Thanks for the help!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS