Where is my Oldest Resource? NIV Anglicised 1984

Page 2 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 56 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 9:26 AM

Alan Macgregor:

I would really like to get this resource sorted, for as well as being my oldest resource, it is the Bible that I use for citations and calls to worship in my sermons and the one that I use to compare other translations with.

Any more suggestions will be welcome.

Alan, the LbxBooks FTP repository contains an ANIV.lbxlls file (ftp://ftp.logos.com/LbxBooks/ANIV.lbxlls). I would try removing the ANIV from your library again then download this file and scan it into your library. If the lbxlls file scans in correctly maybe then the resource will update to the Logos4 file.

I saw Bradley Grainger responded to this thread. Apart from that have you contacted Faithlife for support on this?

I hesitate to suggest that the ANIV.Logos4 file could be sent to you by someone.

OT: What vintage MacBook Air do you have? I am considering Mavericks or Yosemite and have been warned that my hardware will underperform.

"The Christian mind is the prerequisite of Christian thinking. And Christian thinking is the prerequisite of Christian action." - Harry Blamires, 1963

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 10:35 AM

It's very unlikely there's a problem with the file itself IMO. It's much more likely to be a database problem. 

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 11:34 AM

Mark Barnes:

It's very unlikely there's a problem with the file itself IMO. It's much more likely to be a database problem. 

I tend to agree and watched the thread develop along those lines.

It seemed odd to me though that Alan had the older lls lsf and lix files, odder still that these files are hosted for download to Logos 6.

When I moved to Logos 4 from Libronix I had about two dozen resources for which the lbxlls file type was not publicly available (i.e. they were\are not available for ftp from Logos\Faithlife). When I installed Logos 4 these newer lbxlls files were, mostly, downloaded by default. The ANIV existed as an lbxlls file before Logos 4 was released - I have the ANIV Libronix CD. Confused

I would have suggested scanning in the ANIV.Logos4 file directly but that file is not publicly available.

"The Christian mind is the prerequisite of Christian thinking. And Christian thinking is the prerequisite of Christian action." - Harry Blamires, 1963

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 12:19 PM

Mark

I followed your instructions to the letter. Both lots. No change! (I'll spare you the screen shots.)

Dave

I looked for ANIV to no avail. It is not on my hard drive.

The old ANIV.lix and ANIV.lsf both reappeared after unhiding the resource. But without appearing to download! Where are they coming from?

ANIV thinks it is a monograph and not a Bible. That means that it does not work with CBV and so I can't copy and paste Bible verses for sermons or calls to worship (which I almost always get from Psalms).

I wish I could properly recover the resource. Ah well! It's Saturday evening here now, so it will have to wait until Monday afternoon, when Logos in Bellingham wake up.

Thank you to everyone who has responded. Greatly appreciated.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 12:26 PM

JAL:
The ANIV existed as an lbxlls file before Logos 4 was released - I have the ANIV Libronix CD.

I got it on Logos 1.6, whose disks have long since vanished. I still have my Logos 2 CD and all my Libronix CDs though.

JAL:
OT: What vintage MacBook Air do you have? I am considering Mavericks or Yosemite and have been warned that my hardware will underperform.

My MBA is late 2011. Mavericks operated without a flaw. Yosemite too, if you make allowances for its present inherent problems with WiFi and large Logos Downloads. Though those have disappeared with the Terminal fix.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 1:08 PM

Alan, I called Faithlife and reported your difficulty, referencing this thread.

I also checked my Logos installation and verified that the meta data you are missing - cover image and extra bibliographic information i.e. summary description and citation style - is not available for any resource dependent on the old lsf and lix file pair. This metadata was first included in the Libronix lbxlls files.

It is very odd that you are downloading the old file pair when performing a resource update.

Alan Macgregor:

My MBA is late 2011. Mavericks operated without a flaw. Yosemite too, if you make allowances for its present inherent problems with WiFi and large Logos Downloads. Though those have disappeared with the Terminal fix.

Thank you.

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 3:16 PM

JAL:
It seemed odd to me though that Alan had the older lls lsf and lix files, odder still that these files are hosted for download to Logos 6.

I agree. That's very strange.

Alan, download, and then SCAN this file: http://resources.logoscdn.com/lls_1.0.11/2013-06-24T15_12_06Z/ANIV.logos4. What happens?

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 9 2014 2:48 AM

Mark

Sorry, I was away yesterday. Trying this morning. There is no difference, ANIV.logos4 does not scan in. I've tried deleting the metadata.db, the catalog.db, even resource manager.db but to no avail. Hiding/Unhiding only restores the coverless, info-less, NIV 84 Anglicised as a Monograph.

Finally success! I dragged the resource's lsf and lix files to the Trash, dragged ANIV.logos4 into Resources folder in Finder, deleted metadata.db and catalog.db and restarted. Went and shaved, came back – and there it was

Many thanks for your perseverance, Mark.

Every blessing

Alan

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 9 2014 7:17 AM

Party!!! Hurray!

Alan, did Faithlife ever contact you about this?

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 9 2014 10:20 AM

No, they didn't but then, as I explained in my reply to Mark, I was away yesterday … and living in Scotland we are about 7 (or is it 8) hours ahead of Bellingham.

Thanks for your help and support.

Every blessing

Alan

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 9 2014 11:23 AM

Alan Macgregor:
Finally success! I dragged the resource's lsf and lix files to the Trash, dragged ANIV.logos4 into Resources folder in Finder, deleted metadata.db and catalog.db and restarted. Went and shaved, came back – and there it was

It must have been the shaving that did it. You should have tried that earlier Stick out tongue.

Posts 2837
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 9 2014 11:37 AM

Alan Macgregor:
Went and shaved, came back – and there it was

I never knew shaving could cause such wonders. Alan shave more often Smile

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 10 2014 8:01 AM

It's happened again! Blank resource has reappeared. So, here is what I did:

• Closed Logos
  • Checked the Resources folder to find that ANIV.logos4 had disappeared to be replaced by ANIV.lix and ANIV.lsf.
  • Dragged .lix and .lsf to the Trash and dragged ANIV.logos4 into Resources folder.
  • Deleted metadata.db and catalog.db and resource manager.db from there folders.
  • Relaunched Logos.
  • After an age (presumably rebuilding the deleted .db files) it loaded.
  • Blank resource (monograph) again!
  • Closed Logos.
  • Checked the Resources folder to find that ANIV.logos4 had disappeared to be replaced by ANIV.lix and ANIV.lsf.

How can this happen? How can it be permanently fixed?

Please help!

Every blessing

Alan

(BTW I didn't shave this morning) Embarrassed

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 10 2014 11:57 AM

Alan Macgregor:

How can this happen? How can it be permanently fixed?

Please help!

Alan,

I believe you have a problem that Faithlife needs solve. Have you requested support from them outside of this community forum?

I am put off that no one from support has contacted you!

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 10 2014 12:14 PM

Thanks. I have emailed tech support to ask for help. I've included a reference to this thread and my logs. I hope that they come up with something soon.

I am puzzled that apparently my ANIV.logos4 is either replaced by or morphs into ANIV.lix and ANIV.lsf.

Every blessing

Alan

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 10 2014 12:44 PM

is odd... mine is solidly .logos4 on all my machines...

LLS:1.0.11
2013-06-24T15:12:06Z
ANIV.logos4

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 10 2014 12:55 PM

Alan Macgregor:
I have emailed tech support to ask for help.

Please report back. Yes

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 10 2014 12:59 PM

daft question but don't suppose its "time machine" that's restoring that older file/directory as it sees its missing/changed??

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 10 2014 1:56 PM

DominicM:

daft question but don't suppose its "time machine" that's restoring that older file/directory as it sees its missing/changed??

Thanks for the suggestion, Dominic. Doubt it because my MBA upgrade perfectly and it, of course, has the NIV Anglicised 84 in the Library. Incidentally, it is ANIV.logos4. Time machine runs on that machine also. It hasn't tried to change it!

Confused

Every blessing

Alan

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 10 2014 1:57 PM

JAL:
 Please report back. Yes

I shall. In fact, I hope tech support post the solution on this thread because it might be of use to someone else in future.

Every blessing

Alan

Page 2 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS