Bug: Logos v6 crashes AGAIN @ Starbucks

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 40
David Geipel | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 5 2014 10:21 AM

This is not new. I posted this issue in a previous post here:
https://community.logos.com/forums/p/94337/655278.aspx#655278

I've gotta believe there's an issue here guys... HELP. And yes, once I restart Logos, it works. And no, I wasn't opening after a reindex or upgrade (I don't believe).

Dave

BTW - it's a slooooooow ATT Wifi connection that may be the culprit. Same one as the previous crash. I am posting THIS message from and Logos is working fine.... So I know you don’t have anything against SB in general :)

Logs attached:

5417.CRASH-LogosLogs.dgeipel.20141204-184531.zip

Posts 26988
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 12:20 PM

At first I assumed you had the Seattle version of Logos which prefers to run in Tully's rather than Starbucks. Then I assumed since they were Mac logs I could help you. But the problem is quite simple: you were indexing and ran out of space. At least that's how it looks to me.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25095
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 1:04 PM

David Geipel:
Logs attached:

The program log says there are downloads but the indexer doesn't do anything, and there is no crash - the crash log present comes  from end-October.

You appear to be using the suggested download API for Yosemite. So, if Logos is working fine outside of SB, then that suggests a likely solution...

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 40
David Geipel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 1:37 PM

#MJ - How can that be - I have 74GB free now... before the crash? Very strange. So I will blame SB :)

Perhaps my logging tool wasn't working. IDK. I saved one on 12/2 too (two days BEFORE my SB crash) - but that must have garbage in it from October as well... Attached if that helps. Maybe you'll see the old October one in there too - who knows anymore.

1007.LogosLogs.dgeipel.20141202-123122.zip

#Dave Hooton - My initial thought was that it was a crash related to weak wifi... I noticed that before and that's the ONLY think that would make sense to me this time around since I've freed up space since October. Any reason why SB would not use the new API? I applied that last week and the API piece seems to be great for wifi... but why doesn't it work at SB?

Dave

Posts 40
David Geipel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 1:44 PM

I just disabled and re-enabled the Logging tool... Hope that helps. Makes me ask the question - did anything break the logging tool with recent API update? Just a thought... I am running the latest one from the Logos site:

Posts 40
David Geipel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 2:07 PM

#MJ - I took this from the Consule Message.log referencing the crash I experienced.

Does the help narrow the time for you? 12-4-14 @ 15:45

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Posts 9100
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 2:12 PM

David Geipel:

This is from 12/2/2014. No data from today.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 40
David Geipel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 2:45 PM

Yeah - I posted that second one because there was some feedback on the first one dated 12/4 only referenced a crash from October per MJ Smith (not to be confused with Mark Smith). So I posted a previous clean archive snapped two days before the crash. What I am learning is that archive tool has a long history associated with my machine. Kinda scary - hahaha.

However, upon my own investigation (finally poked around my logos archive files) I found that there was a specific instance in the ORIGINAL log from 12/4 that logged the crash. I figure MJ didn't scroll down to see it OR my logging didn't capture it properly - which doesn't make a lot of sense because the consule msg log DID show the crash.

New to debugging logos files over here - so there may be a different file you inspect beside the consule one but I was relieved it did record the crash in that log.

Hope that helps Mark Smith. And hope they're able to see the issue in the logs. Thx for your feedback.

Dave

*Still blaming that one SB location until further notice!

Posts 25095
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 3:39 PM

David Geipel:
However, upon my own investigation (finally poked around my logos archive files) I found that there was a specific instance in the ORIGINAL log from 12/4 that logged the crash. I figure MJ didn't scroll down to see it OR my logging didn't capture it properly - which doesn't make a lot of sense because the consule msg log DID show the crash.

The Console log shows that a Logos crash report was saved with id. Logos_2014-12-04-184504. The Logs you uploaded come from 20141204-184531.

So its best to ensure logging is always enabled and upload them straight after a crash (if my understanding of Mac logging is correct).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 27798
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 6:08 PM

Dave Hooton:
So its best to ensure logging is always enabled and upload them straight after a crash (if my understanding of Mac logging is correct).

Yes... Although you don't have to upload them right away... you just have to grab them so that you CAN upload the right ones later. (I know you know that Dave). 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 40
David Geipel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 7:43 AM

Very strange Dave & Alabama. It crashed, I opened the Logging Utility and archived it... then reopened Logos. Of course I didn't post it for another day or so on the forum because I already captured the event.

I don't *think* there was anything else I could have done to log this issue.

VERY ODD.

Posts 27798
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 8:07 AM

Strange. There are some reports of similar issues, but it doesn't appear to be a widespread issue. With something like this, it can be hard to distinguish between user error, an isolated issue local to the user, and a "bug."

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 40
David Geipel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 10 2014 5:43 PM

Just an update. Logos posted a fix today to an issue they described as the following:

Did I cancel an index when restarting? Perhaps. I know I launched it after a recent index attempt. No idea if that's what I did, but hoping this fixed it :)

------------

Logos 6.0a SR-3

Logos 6.0a SR-3 (6.0.1.1339) was released on December 10, 2014.

Startup

Fixed crash which could be caused by cancelling the first phase of indexing.

Posts 25095
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 11 2014 12:56 AM

David Geipel:
but hoping this fixed it :)

Yes

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS