Installation Flexibility

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 493
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 9 2014 11:56 AM

What would it take for Logos to offer a preferences option for

1. Installing and specifying where the logos indexes are located

2. Installing and specifying where the logos resource databases are located.

These are common capabilities for applications with catalogs, indexes, databases etc. Adobe products such as lightroom provide this to the user for performance, organization and flexibility reasons.

I know you can accomplish this with symbolic links etc. So I don't need that type of response.

Thankyou. 

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 9 2014 2:23 PM

You can select custom installation and select an alternate drive. You cannot split the the installation between drives.

Posts 26605
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 9 2014 2:29 PM

Mr. Simple:
What would it take for Logos to offer a preferences option for

A miracleBig Smile

Mr. Simple:
I know you can accomplish this with symbolic links etc. So I don't need that type of response.

Resources are roughly 75% of the size. The index is roughly 20%. So you'll end up with 5% on the C: drive! I put 100% on the data partition using the custom installation option!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 493
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 9 2014 9:56 PM

Thanks for the responses - I  looked at the custom installation. I am on a Mac, it is not independent in terms of its installation behaviors. I was hoping that I could split off the index.

The Wiki entry for OSX  states that you need to create symbolic links and drag a dmg file where you want the application to run from.

Posts 493
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 9 2014 10:03 PM

Fredc:

You can select custom installation and select an alternate drive. You cannot split the the installation between drives.

That is not an option for Mac OS X customers unfortunately.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS