NEW Journal bundles are here

Page 3 of 5 (95 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 94 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 2201
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 14 2014 6:50 AM

Phil,

You did a really good job with these bundles. I have L6 Platinum and included are two journals that are still in prepublication. Are these considered properly with dynamic pricing in the journal bundles? Will the price of the journals be increased once they come out of prepub, or are you using prepub to bring more attention to the products?

Thanks again for your work on these.

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 14 2014 9:26 AM

So even though we aren't supposed to quote you, it is possible th we will have to wait ANOTHER 4-6 months for these?  Logos can't just get right to putting these out?  How far behind does Logos expect to be in putting out the most recent material?  Paying Galaxy $50 per year for a subscription sstill seems to me to be the better way to go.

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 14 2014 10:26 AM

John Fidel:
You did a really good job with these bundles.

Thanks! Glad you like them!

John Fidel:
I have L6 Platinum and included are two journals that are still in prepublication. Are these considered properly with dynamic pricing in the journal bundles?

Yes. You own the licenses to the journals in Platinum, even though the files aren't done yet. You'll get the appropriate discount.

John Fidel:
Will the price of the journals be increased once they come out of prepub, or are you using prepub to bring more attention to the products?

The prices will increase pretty significantly in some cases. The Master Bundle it's currently priced way below our normal best discounts, and that won't be able to last. We're using Pre-Pub to help fund them, draw attention to them, and give early adopters amazing discounts.

John Fidel:
Thanks again for your work on these.

You're welcome!

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 14 2014 11:20 AM

Everett Headley:

. . . it is possible that we will have to wait ANOTHER 4-6 months for these?

I don't know how long it will take yet. I need to figure that out with the team. We're definitely eager to get these out as soon as possible. Keep in mind that this is a massive amount of content: 1,280 volumes x ~3 issues/volume x ~200 pages/issue = 768,000 pages (now, some are already done, but we need to add all the specialized journal tagging [biblio, author, passage, topic, etc.]). Also, some of the collections will likely ship sooner than others.

Everett Headley:

Logos can't just get right to putting these out?

I mentioned in another post that we may begin production before they are funded. We're evaluating the costs and discussing this internally. We want to get these out to you as soon as we can.

Everett Headley:

How far behind does Logos expect to be in putting out the most recent material?

We don't have a definitive plan yet, but I imagine we'll update these bundles multiple times a year (2–4?) and not just annually as you were accustomed to before. That means quicker access to the latest journals.

Posts 8944
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 14 2014 1:20 PM

Phil Gons:

John Fidel:
Will the price of the journals be increased once they come out of prepub, or are you using prepub to bring more attention to the products?

The prices will increase pretty significantly in some cases. The Master Bundle it's currently priced way below our normal best discounts, and that won't be able to last. We're using Pre-Pub to help fund them, draw attention to them, and give early adopters amazing discounts.

And I, for one, really appreciate this. Thank you!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 10549
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 14 2014 3:05 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Phil Gons:

John Fidel:

And I, for one, really appreciate this. Thank you!

As do I. Thank you for the discount.

Posts 1945
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 14 2014 3:15 PM

Does someone have a complete list of what was in the original TJL that is not in the updated TJL?

Posts 4763
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 14 2014 4:24 PM

Phil Gons:

Rosie Perera:

I think I speak for a lot of users when I say we would rather have all the tagging done before a product ships than get it earlier without the tagging and have to wait for an update for it to be really useful. I know that seems counter to Faithlife's normal modus operandi, but I wish the production team would reconsider priorities and do this. They'll always be playing catch-up if they don't do it right the first time, and it gets users really frustrated.

Thanks for the feedback, Rosie. I'll pass that on and discuss it with the team.

I wholeheartedly concur with Rosie on this.

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 14 2014 4:28 PM

Mark:
Does someone have a complete list of what was in the original TJL that is not in the updated TJL?

The last TJL published by Galaxie/TJL now on pre-pub

• Ashland Theological Journal
  • Bible and Spade
  • Bibliotheca Sacra
  • Bulletin for Biblical Research
  • Central Bible Quarterly
  • Chafer Theological Seminary Journal
  • Christian Apologetics Journal
  • Conservative Theological Journal
  • Conspectus
  • Detroit Baptist Seminary Journal
  • Emmaus Journal
  • Faith and Mission
  • Global Journal of Classical Theology
  • Grace Journal
  • Grace Theological Journal
  • Journal for Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Journal of Christian Apologetics
  • Journal of Discipleship and Family Ministry
  • Journal of Dispensational Theology
  • Journal of Ministry and Theology
  • Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society
  • Journal of the Grace Evangelical Society
  • Maranatha Baptist Theological Journal
  • Masters Seminary Journal
  • Michigan Theological Journal
  • Priscilla Papers
  • Puritan Reformed Journal
  • Reformation and Revival
  • Reformed Baptist Theological Review
  • Review and Expositor
  • Southeastern Theological Review
  • Southern Baptist Journal of Theology
  • Trinity Journal
  • Tyndale Bulletin
  • Westminster Theological Journal

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1945
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 14 2014 5:43 PM

Thanks Mark.  That is a lot that is missing.  I hope at least they can get Tyndale Bulletin and Emmaus Journal.  But this list is very helpful

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 14 2014 5:52 PM

And Bible and Spade!

Charlene

Posts 1426
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 14 2014 10:48 PM

Phil, will those journals run on moble devices? 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 15 2014 8:25 AM

Wild Eagle:

Phil, will those journals run on moble devices? 

Yes.

Posts 1426
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 15 2014 8:33 AM

that's awesome 👍. Thank you Phil for you time and fast replies 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 15 2014 11:16 AM

Phil Gons:

Rosie Perera:

Phil Gons:

Kevin A Lewis:
Numbers of journals have "article citations" in the information pane - but many seem not to - can these be enhanced to include them please!

They all should, eventually. I'm not sure if they all will when the Pre-Pubs ship, but I'll check with the team to see if we can make that happen.

I think I speak for a lot of users when I say we would rather have all the tagging done before a product ships than get it earlier without the tagging and have to wait for an update for it to be really useful. I know that seems counter to Faithlife's normal modus operandi, but I wish the production team would reconsider priorities and do this. They'll always be playing catch-up if they don't do it right the first time, and it gets users really frustrated.

Thanks for the feedback, Rosie. I'll pass that on and discuss it with the team.

The team assures me that our current approach is to get all the tagging work done before shipping. Let me know if there are instances where that's not currently happening.

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 15 2014 11:17 AM

Wild Eagle:

that's awesome 👍. Thank you Phil for you time and fast replies 

You're welcome!

Posts 19
Wim Kater | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 15 2014 11:29 AM

Maybe a silly question..(Sad ) But what is the usefullnes / added value of Journals?

As a laymen I use Logos for biblestudy (Wordstudy, textstudy) and I already invest a lot in i.a. commentaries, dictionaries and basepackages (L4 Platinum, L5 Diamond, L6 Platinum).

Thanks for any explanation!

Blessings, Wim

Posts 767
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 15 2014 11:38 AM

Mainly Journals are useful at the academic level. They have several advantages but the two main ones are timeliness, this is why people are so vocal about the speed at which we acquire these in Logos, the longer it takes the more this value is lost,, and the other is depth. With 15-30 k words in an article one can go very deep into study on John 11:35. Hope this helps.

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 15 2014 11:41 AM

Journals provide detailed discussions on a topic, passage, etc. Newer journals often contain fresh ideas that you won't see in your commentaries. Some categories of books like commentaries can often cover the same ground over and over again. Journals offer fresh ideas and insights.

Thanks to the new journals feature in Logos 6 and the special tagging we add to journals, you can now find journal articles that are about a passage of Scripture (Romans 8) or a topic (e.g., sanctification) you're studying (rather than just containing a mention of it). That means you'll see relevant journal articles showing up in your Passage Guide and Topic Guide. We plan eventually to tag journal articles by lemma, too, so down the road you might even see relevant journal articles showing up in your Bible Word Study Guide.

Posts 617
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 15 2014 12:22 PM

Phil Gons:

Super.Tramp:

That's the Galaxie version. It's high on our list to license directly from the rights holders.

Thanks for your work on all this Phil. Any chance of getting dynamic pricing on the current version of JETS? I have all but 2 and it's asking for full price.

Page 3 of 5 (95 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS