NEW Journal bundles are here

Page 5 of 5 (95 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 94 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 9:50 AM

What was the last TLJ that Logos offered? I didn't have any of those volumes, but I was thinking it was 15??? The TJL offered on Accordance and WordSearch is 16. The volumes listed in the new TJL Upgrade exceed those in TJL 16 offered on those sites (as can be seen in the comparison chart, see both the "Journals" tab and the "TJL (1-16)" tab). Seems nearer the equivalent of two upgrades or am I wrong about the last Logos offering of TJL?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 10:11 AM

Randy W. Sims:
What was the last TLJ that Logos offered?

Volume 15.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 183
Bryan S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 1:56 PM

Phil Gons:
We don't plan to ship these until they are complete. We may not wait until they are fully funded like we typically do with Pre-Pubs. We want to get them to you all as soon as possible. I'm afraid I can't give a complete date estimate right now. Assuming they are well received and get lots of pre-orders, I'd guess they could ship in 4–6 months. But please don't quote me on that. :)

I'm confused...The thread title says New Journal bundles are here, but there really not right? And according to the last thread the Master Journal Bundle was days away from shipping with in a week Phil said which turned to weeks and now it's canceled, and then you added 279+ books to the bundle that wasn't finished and now you say four to six months to ship date. Not happening...

Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it's been found difficult and not tried.

Posts 1837
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 2:27 PM

billydog:

The annual update for Galaxy's Theological Journal was $50.00.  My dynamic pricing for Logos' TJL update is $56 but, as has been noted by several posters, a large number of the journals included in Galaxy's collection are missing from Logos' TJL update.  Having read your posts, I understand why they are missing but it does appear that I will be paying more for updates to fewer journals.  

Here's where I think there's confusion: you're focused on number of journals, not number of journal volumes. It is true that the Galaxie product had a broader coverage in terms of number of distinct journals included (36 vs. 16), but that doesn't make it a better value—just (arguably) more diverse. Journals are made up of volumes, which are made of of issues, which are made up of pages. It seems to me that the amount of content (pages, issues, or volumes) is a better metric for comparing value (assuming a similar quality) than the distinct number of journals included.

What we're giving you for $56 is probably 112 volumes of journal content. What you'd get with the Galaxie journals for $50 is 50 volumes of journal content. Looking at the quantity of content, you can see you're getting quite a bit more for your money. If diversity is more important to you, you may want to consider the Theology Journal Bundle, which includes 36 distinct journals and 780+ volumes for $399.95 on Pre-Pub for a cost per volume price of $0.51 ($549.95 regular price or $0.70 per volume). As a point of reference, TJL 1–16 includes 35 or 36 journals (depending on how you slice them) and 800 volumes for $695 for a cost per volume price of $0.87.

Even more diverse is the Master Journal Bundle, which has ~60 distinct journals (including a couple more journal-like magazines) and 1,280+ journal volumes for $599.95 for a cost per volume price of $0.47.

Posts 1837
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 3:30 PM

Randy W. Sims:
The volumes listed in the new TJL Upgrade exceed those in TJL 16 offered on those sites (as can be seen in the comparison chart, see both the "Journals" tab and the "TJL (1-16)" tab). Seems nearer the equivalent of two upgrades or am I wrong about the last Logos offering of TJL?

You're correct. The TJL product was just recently updated to include journal volumes from 2013. There's typically at least a year delay between when they come out and when they get added to the product. In our TJL Upgrade product, we released several 2014 volumes, which gives you access to the content sooner.

Posts 15
billydog | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 3:36 PM

Having gone through the list of Journals offered in the TJL update (14 Journals according to the webpage) and looking at my library, the total of new volumes that will be added to my library is 151.  Of these, 90 are Bibliotheca Sacra (from 1844-1933) and 17 are Journal of Ministry and Theology (not in Galaxie's collection).  That leaves 34 new volumes that are of recent or current Journals.  That is what I meant when I said we were getting less for more.  Galaxie gave more volumes of current journals for less money ($50 vs $56).  I recognize that there is a certain value in back issues of BibSac and I hope that there will be good value in the Journal of Ministry and Theology but the value of the collection is greatly diminished (in my opinion) by the absence of the twenty or so current journals that are not present.  Again, I understand that there are licensing issues that Logos is working to overcome.

Posts 1837
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 3:40 PM

Everett Headley:
If you are able to add, say JETS, and we preordered a bundle, will our price go up, or will we get it at the current rate.

We won't add anything to these collections before we ship them.

Here's how I see things working:

1. You pre-order the TJL Upgrade Bundle.
  2. We license JETS.
  3. We ship the current TJL Upgrade Bundle.
  4. We post a new TJL Upgrade Bundle that includes JETS and anything else we've licensed since posting the first one.
  5. You pre-order the new TJL Upgrade Bundle and pay only for the new items that weren't included in the original TJL Upgrade Bundle.
  6. Repeat 2–5.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I'd like to see us offer new journal content to these collection multiple times a year, perhaps even quarterly. Of course, you wouldn't need to purchase each new round of products. You could skip and participate only once a year if you wanted to. Whenever you chose to buy, you'd always get caught up with everything you missed since you last bought.

Posts 1837
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 3:45 PM

Bryan S.:

I'm confused...The thread title says New Journal bundles are here, but there really not right?

I didn't create the thread title, but I think the original poster meant that they are here on Pre-Pub.

Bryan S.:

And according to the last thread the Master Journal Bundle was days away from shipping with in a week Phil said which turned to weeks and now it's canceled, and then you added 279+ books to the bundle that wasn't finished and now you say four to six months to ship date. Not happening...

I'm not sure what you're referring to, but the first Master Journal Bundle was never anywhere near shipping. Shortly after we posted it, we realized that there were some problems we need to fix, so we pulled it.

Our goal is to get these out the door as soon as we can, but it's a massive amount of content to produce. So it's going to take some time.

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2015 6:16 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Here's how I see things working:

1. You pre-order the TJL Upgrade Bundle.
  2. We license JETS.
  3. We ship the current TJL Upgrade Bundle.
  4. We post a new TJL Upgrade Bundle that includes JETS and anything else we've licensed since posting the first one.
  5. You pre-order the new TJL Upgrade Bundle and pay only for the new items that weren't included in the original TJL Upgrade Bundle.
  6. Repeat 2–5.

Phil, 

I hope what you describe also will apply to the current TJL Bundle.  For people who already own many or most of the journals in this bundle, should there be an adjusted (i.e. dynamic) price when the bundle is fully released in September?

thanks,

David

Posts 6484
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2015 7:46 PM

DBailey:

Phil, 

I hope what you describe also will apply to the current TJL Bundle.  For people who already own many or most of the journals in this bundle, should there be an adjusted (i.e. dynamic) price when the bundle is fully released in September?

David, the best way to find out is to see the dynamic price for you versus the regular price for someone who does not own the journals.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2015 8:33 PM

Hello Lynden,

The bundle that I am asking about is this:

https://www.logos.com/product/46387/tjl-upgrade-bundle

If that is the price on release day, I think I will drop that purchase.

thanks,

David

Posts 1565
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 25 2015 5:12 AM

Dynamic pricing is included when I view the linked page. I am showing a total of $55.36. If I log out of my Logos account it shows as $199.95. (I own all the prior TJL bundles offered by Logos)

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 25 2015 7:39 AM

It shows 30$ for me, 38 if I buy the "give me the journals now option".

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 25 2015 4:29 PM

Ok.  I didn't know dynamic pricing worked on pre-pub items.  I learned something new.  Geeked

thanks

David

Posts 6484
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 25 2015 5:21 PM

DBailey:

Ok.  I didn't know dynamic pricing worked on pre-pub items.  I learned something new.  Geeked

thanks

David

Sign in to the website using your email address and password and look at the price to find your dynamic price.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Page 5 of 5 (95 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS