Call to More Cohesiveness in the Software

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 19
Baruch Oltman | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 26 2014 11:47 AM

I have implemented my own nomenclature/file-system for my documents. I use my Favorites folders to keep everything organized. This requires a lot of manual work which could save a lot of time if it was implemented into the software. One thing I noticed about Logos: its harder than it should be to find your information, such as a specific note, when you need it. There are countless search options, but they aren't implemented very well into the documents.

There is far too much separation between the document types in the software. Why can't clippings be added to a note document? Why can't Highlights be an extension of the notes document? Why can't labels be added to specific sentences in our notes? Having so many separated tools is both confusing, and in my opinion unnecessary.

Logos should implement a cohesive system for organizing tags, folders, documents, highlights/labels, history etc...There is too much separation, like I said above, between the elements of the software. Thank you for all the work you do!

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 26 2014 2:43 PM

Baruch, that's an interesting suggestion.  I'd like to be a fly on the wall, if such were ever entertained at the Bellingham complex.  I'd have to assume it'd be a programming nightmare at this point.

But I agree.  They ought to consider it, prior to getting too far invested on the mobile side, and inter-program application (eg Logos/Proclaim/FaithFinances/etc.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS