Internal Word Processor

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 135
Jason Skipper | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 27 2014 11:24 AM

In my time using Logos, I've not delved much into its features. I use it for researching a text, mostly in commentaries, and copying and pasting into a word processor.
I obviously haven't scratched the surface.

One thing I've not seen, but desire, is an internal word processor. I'd much rather have that than the feature that copies into Word.

Am I missing it, or is it simply not there? 

Posts 5321
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 12:07 PM

it is not there and Logos have said a long time ago they are not interested in re-inventing the wheel and building a word processor.  

Jason Skipper:

In my time using Logos, I've not delved much into its features. I use it for researching a text, mostly in commentaries, and copying and pasting into a word processor.
I obviously haven't scratched the surface.

One thing I've not seen, but desire, is an internal word processor. I'd much rather have that than the feature that copies into Word.

Am I missing it, or is it simply not there? 

Posts 135
Jason Skipper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 12:25 PM

No desire to do so even if customers desire it?

It could be something as simple as a text editor. 

I don't care if it lacks frills, bells, and whistles: I would just like to stay in the program without tabbing over to another one while working. 

Oh, well. Maybe they will reconsider someday.

Posts 5321
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 12:45 PM

Even if customers desire it they have no interest. Notes is as good as it is going to get we have been told.  Of course minds can be changed but I would not hold your breath while waiting.  Hope they do prove my statement wrong as I think you would not be alone in wanting such a feature.

Posts 135
Jason Skipper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 12:55 PM

Big "DUH!" moment for me!

I forgot about notes. Cool

It will suffice.

Posts 5321
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 1:00 PM

The big shortfall with notes is you can't add images so you will still need to go to the external word processor.  Also Jason have you ever used clippings?  They are great for collecting quotes from resources while doing your first up research to come back to later

Jason Skipper:

It will suffice.

Posts 25746
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 1:00 PM

Jason Skipper:

Notes is one way to structure your work but have you tried Clippings (in the Documents menu)? Create a clippings document then (like Notes) right click some text but select "Add a clipping to...". Finally use Print/Export to either print the clipping or send it to your Word processor.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5321
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 1:00 PM

The big shortfall with notes is you can't add images so you will still need to go to the external word processor.  Also Jason have you ever used clippings?  They are great for collecting quotes from resources while doing your first up research to come back to later

Jason Skipper:

It will suffice.

Posts 135
Jason Skipper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 1:02 PM

DOC,

I don't use images, so that is no problem for me.

Dave,

I haven't tried clippings.

I actually got into a rut of using Logos for very basic stuff, and not exploring it. I need to do that, considering that money that I've tied up in it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 1:03 PM

"We are not interested in re-inventing the wheel and building another Facebook, kindle appPowerPoint, sermon centralBible Gateway, study bible, oops, we mean word processor.

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 5321
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 1:06 PM

Yes

Devil 

Paul Golder:

"We are not interested in re-inventing the wheel and building another Facebook, kindle appPowerPoint, sermon centralBible Gateway, study bible, oops, we mean word processor.

Posts 1703
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 6:08 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
Logos have said a long time ago they are not interested in re-inventing the wheel and building a word processor.

FWIW, we actually gave up and _did_ build the word processor, though we don't support embedded graphics at this point. But the Notes editor is now our own display engine / word processor, not the system-provided rich text editor.

-- Bob

Posts 135
Jason Skipper | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 29 2014 10:36 AM

Which is why I had that "DUH" moment. Cool

But, sadly, you took away all that I had to complain about! What will I now do for entertainment?

Posts 1
Cynda | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 6:40 AM

I have been using Logos 4 and have just downloaded Logos 5 to a new computer.  I have always used the "Notes" feature to prepare lessons for bible study but as I am trying to use that feature in 5 when I type my notes, instead of it "returning" and forming paragraphs on the page it just makes one long consecutive sentence without returning and I can't see anything that I have typed except for that first sentence.  Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS