Installing/Copying Logos 5 to new PC not successful -- Help please

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
nghiem nguyen | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 31 2014 8:38 AM

Background

I have an HP desktop computer with the following specs (Windows 7 64 bit, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD) with Logos 5 installed and working fine. 

I have a Dell Latitude E7440 laptop with the following specs (Windows 7 64 bit, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD). I have been trying to install Logos 5 several times since March with no success. Here is what I have tried:

1. clean install (none of my resources are downloaded, library is empty)

2. clean install with data/documents/users copied over from desktop (i see all the resources but the content says 'this resource is no longer in your library')

3. installed virtual machine of windows 7 on laptop and clean install of logos 5 (same problem as #1).

I have consulted the wiki instructions below using method 2. Any ideas?

https://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers

Posts 26231
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 1 2015 1:39 PM

How much free space is on the SSD, because you will need at least 30 GB depending on the number of resources (my 1500 uses 20 GB).

nghiem nguyen:
2. clean install with data/documents/users copied over from desktop (i see all the resources but the content says 'this resource is no longer in your library')

Which implies installation was successful but Method 2 tells you how to overcome this issue at Step 5 i.e. scan your backup resource folder.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9
nghiem nguyen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 1 2015 1:57 PM

Thanks Dave. I have 40+ GB free on the ssd after copying data over from PC. My library is only 13gb.

I tried scan c:\users\nnguyen\appdata\local\logos5\data\randomid\resourcemanager\resources

It did not work after restarting. I'm stumped.

Posts 26231
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 4 2015 4:04 AM

Please explain exactly what you did. 

What is the location of your PC data containing Logos resources (your backup)? If it is on a removable drive attached to the USB port, scan that drive as it cannot be C:\Users!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9
nghiem nguyen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 4 2015 1:00 PM

Related to method #2 approach...

After installing logos 5 on the laptop, I did not sign in and I closed the application. I went to the logos5 appdata folder and deleted data, documents folders (users folder did not exist). I copied the data, documents and users folder from my external USB drive to the appdata location. Then I opened logos5 and typed the scan command as mentioned above. Then I restarted per the instructions. It doesn't appear to be scanning that directory or adding resources.

Posts 26231
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 8 2015 2:44 AM

nghiem nguyen:
I copied the data, documents and users folder from my external USB drive to the appdata location.

you have to scan the \Resources folder on the USB as per the wiki.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9
nghiem nguyen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 9 2015 6:35 AM

Dave, I tried that yesterday with no result. The files are not being copied into the AppData folder and I turned off automatic updates, so the application would not download resources either. 

I opened a case with Logos Support, so we'll see if they can help.

Thank you!

Posts 9
nghiem nguyen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 31 2015 5:38 AM

UPDATE with resolution:

It turns out that my McAfee Viruscan suite was preventing LogosIndexer from running. The books were downloaded, but the indexer could not add them to the library. I disabled the feature upon install and will need to make an exclusion for the LogosIndexer process.

Dave - Thanks for your help.

Posts 26231
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 31 2015 1:26 PM

Good old McAfee!

Thanks for the feedback.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS