Reading plan not syncing to IOS

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 27
Barry wright | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 31 2014 5:42 PM

I just spent several hours creating a custom Bible reading plan for the new year but it won't seem to appear on my Logos ipad app. Is anyone else having this problem?

Posts 2123
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 6:05 PM

As of right now this feature is not supported by the IOS app.  I wish it was.  

Posts 82
Ed Stone | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 7:50 PM

I created a reading plan in Logos 6 tonight and it successfully synced to my iPad.

Hope that helps!

Posts 24763
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 1 2015 12:00 AM

Hi Ed

Ed Stone:
I created a reading plan in Logos 6 tonight and it successfully synced to my iPad.

Thanks for this - but the issue is not reading plans in general but Logos 6 custom plans which are not currently supported on the mobile platforms

Graham 

Posts 82
Ed Stone | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 1 2015 7:07 AM

Oh I see what you are saying... I did the "generate" reading plan option and that worked. I tried the "custom" reading plan option and it did not work for me either. Thanks Graham!

Posts 19
David Gayle Woods | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 1 2015 8:48 AM

Does this only affect the option "Custom Reading Plan" or is the option "Generate a Reading Plan" also affected? I used to be able to do the latter and sync it to my iPhone/iPad, but it doesn't seem to be working now.

Posts 24763
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 1 2015 9:01 AM

David Gayle Woods:
Does this only affect the option "Custom Reading Plan" or is the option "Generate a Reading Plan" also affected?

It does affect all "Custom Reading Plans" but does also affect "Generated plans" which are divided by chapters or pericopes. Would that apply to what you are seeing?

Posts 19
David Gayle Woods | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 1 2015 9:06 AM

Chapters... that's it. I prefer reading whole chapters and when I saw the option I chose it. I'll rework my plans for now, but I really hope this sync issue is fixed soon.

Posts 24763
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 1 2015 9:17 AM

David Gayle Woods:
but I really hope this sync issue is fixed soon.

AgreedYes

Posts 2123
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 1 2015 9:19 AM

Being able to take full advantage of the new reading plan features should be a high priority.  I am really surprised that this was not in beta soon after Logos 6 released.  

Posts 24763
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 1 2015 9:34 AM

Kenneth Neighoff:

Being able to take full advantage of the new reading plan features should be a high priority.  I am really surprised that this was not in beta soon after Logos 6 released.  

I agree that would have been nice - but I think they were still working on the smooth scrolling feature at the time and I don't know whether that impacted anything.

Posts 14
Scott J Sherwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 1 2015 9:45 AM

Just want to say I am grateful for this thread (and this forum).  I had recently switched a couple of my reading plans to chapters and was pulling my (very limited) hair out trying to figure out why some of my reading plans stopped showing up on my iPad.  Were it not for this thread, I would have given up on doing my reading plan reading on my iPad, which would have caused me to miss some readings along the way, which would have discouraged me perhaps to the point that I stopped doing the reading plans, which would have disrupted my spiritual disciplines, which very well could have set me up for spiritual failure and eventually apostasy, which would shake my children's faith, and set them up to raise their children without any faith.  So basically, this thread rescued my entire family tree from certain eternal doom.  :)

My future great great grandchildren also thank you.

Posts 29468
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 1 2015 10:42 AM

Scott J Sherwood:
Just want to say I am grateful for this thread (and this forum).

Make sure to check in on the iOS forum as well. There are a number of threads about this issue there, which is appropriate since the issue is about accessing reading plans on that platform.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1883
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 1 2015 12:24 PM

This is interesting, as I had created a custom Prof Horner reading plan based on some instructions T.C. had posted from a Logos staffer. It consists of 10 chapter-based plans merged into a custom plan.

I was plesantly surprised to see it sync to both my Android devices (Tablet running Bible 4.4.6 and phone running the dead-end 4.3.9).

Surprised because after I had created the plan, I read that custom and chapter-based plans wouldn't sync to mobile devices. When it did sync, i assumed some fix had been made. It did take a couple of days for it to show up.

I just checked Biblia.com and it has sync'd there, also.

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Posts 5744
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 1 2015 2:25 PM

I have also found my custom reading plan for Horner had synced to my iOS 7 iPad mini (Original).  Haven't looked on my iPhone yet - also iOS 7 (4s).

Robert M. Warren:

This is interesting, as I had created a custom Prof Horner reading plan based on some instructions T.C. had posted from a Logos staffer. It consists of 10 chapter-based plans merged into a custom plan.

I was plesantly surprised to see it sync to both my Android devices (Tablet running Bible 4.4.6 and phone running the dead-end 4.3.9).

Surprised because after I had created the plan, I read that custom and chapter-based plans wouldn't sync to mobile devices. When it did sync, i assumed some fix had been made. It did take a couple of days for it to show up.

I just checked Biblia.com and it has sync'd there, also.

Posts 1883
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 3:54 PM

Robert M. Warren:

I should report that two things have happened since this post:  1. I did a factory restore on my tablet (it was running sluggish) and installed 4.5 and 2. Bought a new phone and installed 4.5. The reading plan now does not sync to either device.

Posts 1883
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 6:57 PM

Robert M. Warren:
I should report that two things have happened since this post:  1. I did a factory restore on my tablet (it was running sluggish) and installed 4.5 and 2. Bought a new phone and installed 4.5. The reading plan now does not sync to either device.

Well, the plan showed back up today, on both devices. Go figure.

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS