reverse interlinears

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 16 2010 3:13 PM

Terry wrote this in another thread:

The reverse interlinears provide a means of working effectively between the English and the original languages on which the translation is based. The ESV reverse interlinear of L3 (Libronix) was the basis but the interlinear presentation doesn't please everybody and Logos are moving back to that (full-view) style fairly soon.

I was wondering if this means the current view will be gone, or if we will have both options.  I actually kind of like the limited view: I can see what I need to see briefly, but still have the bulk of the English text viewable and not have to take up a whole 'nother pane.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 9520
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 3:16 PM

I believe what was shared was that there would be some sort of option to expand the view from the single line we now have.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 3:43 PM

Thank you, Mark!

Posts 26953
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 1:40 AM

Dan DeVilder:

The reverse interlinears provide a means of working effectively between the English and the original languages on which the translation is based. The ESV reverse interlinear of L3 (Libronix) was the basis but the interlinear presentation doesn't please everybody and Logos are moving back to that (full-view) style fairly soon.

That is my comment from http://community.logos.com/forums/p/9862/78099.aspx!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 3:37 AM

Dave Hooton:

Dan DeVilder:

That is my comment from http://community.logos.com/forums/p/9862/78099.aspx!

you are correct, it IS!!!!  Not sure why Terry's name stuck in my head.  I was going to go hunt up the quote to post a link to it . . . had I done so, I would have remembered (and referenced!) the correct contributor!  My apologies!

Posts 26953
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 4:32 AM

Dan DeVilder:
My apologies!

Accepted!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 64
Aaron Baldridge | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 6:00 AM

I hope Logos is working to fix this. I for one do NOT like the new format for the interlinears. I liked being able to open the ESV RI and seeing the English, Greek or Hebrew text, and the parsing information all together. The new format is very akward and does not move with the text. You have to click on the verse or work to get it to move to where you are. If they are not going to change, I am going back to 3.0.

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 6:44 AM

Rev Aaron R Baldridge:

I hope Logos is working to fix this. I for one do NOT like the new format for the interlinears. I liked being able to open the ESV RI and seeing the English, Greek or Hebrew text, and the parsing information all together. The new format is very akward and does not move with the text. You have to click on the verse or work to get it to move to where you are. If they are not going to change, I am going back to 3.0.

Hi Aaron!  From what I have gathered, they ARE going to make it look like the "old way."  I agree with you, on the benefits of that old way.  Seeing things all at once, all of it.  I just hope we still have both options.  But after first grumbling about the new look, there are reasons I like it a lot: There are times when I am reading the ESV (or another), and I want to know the Grk of a word or phrase.  I can quickly see that part with the new way, and then click off "interlinear."  The advantage is that I see more of the English text when I am just reading along.  When looking at the old way, I have to keep skipping lines of greek/morphology, etc, which makes reading more a chore.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS