Woot! It's HERE! C.S. Lewis Collection!!!!

Page 2 of 4 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 66 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 2 2015 7:33 PM

I just placed my order.

Rosie Perera:

It is one of the best treatments of prayer I've ever read. I have made it into a PB for my own use, and it's out of copyright in Canada so if any of you are living in Canada and would like the .docx file for it, I can send it to you. Unfortunately I can't post it publicly though, because it would be available in the US that way, and it's not yet free of copyright there.

Yes please Rosie. bruce at medeba dot com

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1072
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 2 2015 7:37 PM

Was this on CP at all?

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 2 2015 7:44 PM

Lee:

Was this on CP at all?

If you are referring to the C.S. Lewis Collection the answer is no. The books are still under copyright in the USA so Logos starts it as a Pre-Pub.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 2 2015 7:45 PM

I am not in.  There are only a couple of works I would want that I already have in pbb.  I think that the price is far too high.

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 2 2015 8:09 PM

Rich DeRuiter:

Thanks for the heads up!

Ordered it and posted the URL on the closed group FaceBook page for pastors in our denomination (the CRC).

Rich,

I maintain a FB page for FWB.

Posts 463
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 2 2015 8:57 PM

I'm in! 

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 2 2015 9:39 PM

I'm in. Thanks for heads up.

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 2691
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 12:08 AM

Sadly like most things Zondervan IMO overpriced for content.. especially these which don't require a huge amount of tagging as monograph

Maybe I'm just a poor man though..

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 408
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 5:19 AM

I'm debating this (with myself, of course!). On the one hand, though I have many of these works in print form (as we all probably do), the idea of having them in Logos is very appealing. On the other hand, if you go to Amazon and price these works as Kindle books, leaving out the few you may not be interested in, you could save enough to also add Narnia and The Four Loves, for example. Kudos to Faithlife for making CS Lewis available. However, my question is "how will I use the books?" If I only want to read them in digital format, I have other options. But, if I want to have them available as resources for various Logos searches, then this is the time to get in on this deal. Hmmm.....

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 5:29 AM

Mark Nolette:
I'm debating this (with myself, of course!).

I love those debates. You can never lose! Smile

Mark Nolette:
However, my question is "how will I use the books?" If I only want to read them in digital format, I have other options. But, if I want to have them available as resources for various Logos searches, then this is the time to get in on this deal. Hmmm.....

Of course this debate could go on about all the resources in your library. If you only ever read your Logos library and don't use it for research then you will not get the full benefit. As you know, the real power of Logos is using its many sophisticated research tools. One could make a collection of books written by C. S. Lewis and use that to search for what he said about a topic. Perhaps another collection could be made for books about him.

My philosophy is that I never know how I might use in it the future but the options to do powerful searches and research will only be there if I own the resources.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 6:31 AM

Mark Nolette:
However, my question is "how will I use the books?"

The only advantage of CSL collection in Logos for me (versus having them in Kindle format) is to collect quotes

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 6:34 AM

Rosie Perera:
I wasted no time

apparently neither did MANY others.  It is about 60% in less than 24 hours. WOW!

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 8:04 AM

Edwin Bowden:

FWB? Sorry, I'm not familiar with that acronym.

BTW, I don't maintain this page, others do. But I do participate on it. It's a great place for CRC pastors (see link above to decipher the acronym) to vent, ask for advice, be off topic, etc. (A few other avid Logos users post Logos links and stuff there.)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 8:26 AM

Rich DeRuiter:

Edwin Bowden:

FWB? Sorry, I'm not familiar with that acronym.

FWB could mean "Free Will Baptist."

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 8:52 AM

toughski:

Rosie Perera:
I wasted no time

apparently neither did MANY others.  It is about 60% in less than 24 hours. WOW!

Wow, it's at about 80% now, just a couple of hours after you posted that. I now bet it will go over the top before the weekend is over, and probably by the end of today, or even sooner. One of the fastest ever. I was thinking it would take a week because of the large size and cost of the collection, but clearly that isn't an impediment to real Lewis fans.

Posts 1821
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 9:06 AM

I am looking forward to these resources.  

I have never read a book by C. S. Lewis. I have only listened to the complete works of Narnia in audiobook format. 

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 9:11 AM

Kenneth Neighoff:

I am looking forward to these resources.  

I have never read a book by C. S. Lewis.

You are in for a treat!

Posts 124
Randy Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 9:32 AM
I'm in!
Posts 188
Valerie Pobog | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 9:37 AM

I'm in! This was a no-brainer. YAY!

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 9:37 AM

Kenneth Neighoff:

I have never read a book by C. S. Lewis. I have only listened to the complete works of Narnia in audiobook format. 

Almost the same here; listened to the Chronicles (I loved (!) them and want to go back and read the text), but I've also read Mere Christianity (from this volume).  Some time ago I bought his three collections of letters (Kindle format) but haven't done anything with them yet.

Page 2 of 4 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS